DELMIAWorks Shipping and Distribution for Manufacturers Overview
Access real-time UPS and FedEx data from within the fully-integrated shipping system
Through XML technology, DELMIAworks© has developed an unprecedented module that integrates DELMIAworks with UPS and FedEx. More than just current shipping charges, the Shipping Manager module allows you to send and receive real-time data to and from common freight carrier systems from within DELMIAWorks.
Automatically populate package weight through scale interfaces, component weight data and other methods directly into DELMIAworks, where users can then view up-to-the-minute rates from freight courier systems and select the most cost effective shipping method for United States originating shipments. Additionally, Shipping Manager automatically populates “ship to” addresses, accurate freight charges and tracking numbers directly to packing slips for both national and international shipments.
Shipping Manager also allows users to track packages from within DELMIAWorks, print carrier approved labels, view shipment histories and close shipments at the end of the day with a single button.
- Streamline the complete order shipping process for both domestic and international operations
- Meet shipping delivery dates 100% of the time
- Eliminate shipping errors
- Control shipping costs
- Respond instantly and accurately to customer delivery status requests
- Track and trace product shipments in real-time
Learn about DELMIAWorks Shipping and Distribution for Manufacturers
DELMIAWorks Shipping and Distribution for Manufacturers Features
Shipping Management process begins with the sales order through manufacturing, into the warehouse and beyond the shipping docks including:
- Automatic conversion of sales orders to pick tickets ensures accurate shipment information as well as inventory locations and quantities
- Bill of Lading may be printed for a single packing slip or a single BOL may be created for multiple packing slips
- Advance Shipping Notice (ASN) generation sends the customer prior notice of shipment details including packing slip information, shipment destination, terms of payment, carton/weight information and more
- Real-time communication between UPS® and FedEx® carriers
- Determine the most efficient shipping method
- Automatically generate the shipping documents and labels
- Carrier tracking numbers are automatically populated in DELMIAWorks
- Provides complete shipment tracking and visibility
- Simplified logistics associated with International shipments with creation of commercial invoices, including multiple currencies, export declarations and NAFTA certificates of origin
- Container management monitors volume and weight of boxes and pallets that can fit into the container/trailer and automatically recalculates costs as items are added or removed to the pick ticket
- Certificates of Conformance can be generated automatically and will include the packing slip and BOM and transaction log details
- Integration with the DELMIAWorks Production Monitoring provides an up-to-the-minute view of production and inventory to ensure product availability matches delivery requirements
- Integration with DELMIAWorks Warehouse Management System (WMS) allows shipping lists to be created from anywhere in the warehouse through hand-held and PDA devices
- Through the web portals, customers can access real-time shipping details and status
An end-to-end ERP System developed with a “shop floor first” focus to help mid-market manufacturers increase efficiency and visibility of performance on the plant floor
Whether you use a build-to-order or build-to-stock supply chain model, DELMIAWorks systematically streamlines manufacturing across process, discrete, and repetitive manufacturing environments. DELMIAWorks specializes in providing a comprehensive ERP solution for mid-market manufacturers to stay lean, agile, competitive, and compliant. The DELMIAWorks system is a scalable solution that can expand and grow with you, regardless of your company size.
- A startup or small manufacturing company looking to transition from QuickBooks and spreadsheets,
- A mid-size manufacturer looking to increase the visibility of operations across multiple locations,
- A subsidiary of a large organization looking for a standalone MES solution to support digital manufacturing initiatives
The DELMIAWorks Manufacturing ERP solution provides a proven, single technology platform that delivers end-to-end visibility of the complete manufacturing process. The real-time visibility of events occurring throughout the manufacturing process allows customers to eliminate waste and non-value added processes, and improve manufacturing efficiency, including:
- 60% increase in growth without additional labor resources
- 100% on-time delivery
- 66% reduction in scrap
- Zero shipping errors
- 70% reduction in maintenance costs
- Reducing repair time by 75%
- Increased plant efficiency from 70% to 98%
Interested in DELMIAWorks Shipping and Distribution for Manufacturers?
Contact us and get your questions answered today
DELMIAWorks Related Content
DELMIAWorks (formally IQMS) helps manufacturing companies manage their manufacturing operations from the first client interaction to the shipping dock.
3DEXPERIENCE Works provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.