DELMIAWorks Warehouse Management System (WMS) Overview
Inventory handling is expensive. Minimize handling costs, maximize warehouse efficiency and gain customers for life. An extension of DELMIAWorks (formerly IQMS) ERP Software, the Warehouse Management System (WMS) from DELMIAWorks:
- Increases order fulfillment speed and accuracy
- Eliminates shipping and receiving handling errors
- Decreases costs associated with under-utilized inventory resources
- Improves inventory visibility and traceability
- Optimizes movement of both raw materials, WIP and finished goods
- Reduces “dead-head” time in the warehouse
Simplify inventory management and increase inventory accuracy with the DELMIAworks wireless Warehouse Management System (WMS). Users enter transactions right where they happen, when they happen. Portable, wireless scanners can be used on the plant floor, on the forklift, in the warehouse, on the shipping dock or wherever they occur.
WMS enables either serialized or non-serialized barcode transactions using handheld devices or PDAs. With wireless technology, users can completely manage inventory from receipt through shipment without keying any information into a desktop computer. All transactions are recorded to the DELMIAworks database instantly — no batch modes, no thirdparty interfaces and no reconciliation programs are required.
WMS also provides access to other areas of DELMIAworks ERP like RealTime Production Monitoring and Quality Management. Instant access to live data and SPC information increases your ability to react to and correct problems and it dramatically increases data accuracy.
Learn about DELMIAWorks Warehouse Management System (WMS)
DELMIAWorks Warehouse Management System (WMS) Features
Flexible design workflows and real-time collaboration
- Products staged and stored according to movement velocity
- Slotting storage locations based on actual usage history so fast moving products are more easily accessible
- “Milk run” planning
- Shelf life management - tracks expirations and automatically identifies non-conforming inventory
- Industry standard barcodes including 2D symbology
- Mobile solution – use your hand held scanners, tablets and smart phones to execute transactions and track activity
- Dynamic real-time scheduling of picking, putaways, order staging, dock and container management and more
- Complete ERP system integration, embedded EDI, accounting, sales orders, MRP and shipping management - no messy non-real-time interfaces
- Multiple picking techniques supported – configurable interleaving, WAVE picking and planning, rules based directed picking including FIFO, FEFO, LIFO
- Package and inventory type and configuration putaway rules – kitting, purchased, manufactured, eaches, cases, pallets, etc.
An end-to-end ERP System developed with a “shop floor first” focus to help mid-market manufacturers increase efficiency and visibility of performance on the plant floor
Whether you use a build-to-order or build-to-stock supply chain model, DELMIAWorks systematically streamlines manufacturing across process, discrete, and repetitive manufacturing environments. DELMIAWorks specializes in providing a comprehensive ERP solution for mid-market manufacturers to stay lean, agile, competitive, and compliant. The DELMIAWorks system is a scalable solution that can expand and grow with you, regardless of your company size.
- A startup or small manufacturing company looking to transition from QuickBooks and spreadsheets,
- A mid-size manufacturer looking to increase the visibility of operations across multiple locations,
- A subsidiary of a large organization looking for a standalone MES solution to support digital manufacturing initiatives
The DELMIAWorks Manufacturing ERP solution provides a proven, single technology platform that delivers end-to-end visibility of the complete manufacturing process. The real-time visibility of events occurring throughout the manufacturing process allows customers to eliminate waste and non-value added processes, and improve manufacturing efficiency, including:
- 60% increase in growth without additional labor resources
- 100% on-time delivery
- 66% reduction in scrap
- Zero shipping errors
- 70% reduction in maintenance costs
- Reducing repair time by 75%
- Increased plant efficiency from 70% to 98%
Interested in DELMIAWorks Warehouse Management System (WMS)?
Contact us and get your questions answered today
DELMIAWorks Related Content
DELMIAWorks (formally IQMS) helps manufacturing companies manage their manufacturing operations from the first client interaction to the shipping dock.
Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) is gaining popularity as the best resource to view data at the machine, assembly line and plant level so manufacturers can check for opportunities to create higher quality products at a lower cost.
3DEXPERIENCE Works provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.