3DEXPERIENCE Works Simulation Overview
3DEXPERIENCE Works Simulation is a portfolio of connected, powerful and collaborative simulation solutions on the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE® platform. It empowers you to accelerate design innovation by solving engineering challenges for your SOLIDWORKS® 3D designs with full data associativity.
Cloud-based simulation software
You can perform any structural analysis tasks with confidence, from the simplest linear static analysis to the most complex nonlinear drop test and impact analyses, by leveraging the built-in market-proven Abaqus solver technology.
The intuitive, interactive 3DEXPERIENCE platform enables your teams to share and visualize 3D simulation results and collaborate in real time from anywhere with a web browser. You can also easily create and assign tasks and manage multiple projects to speed up project delivery.
Combined with SOLIDWORKS Simulation, 3DEXPERIENCE Works Simulation Roles deliver a unique, easy and integrated workflow to solve more advanced problems while allowing customers to reuse their SOLIDWORKS geometry, loads, restraints and materials.
You can run simulations on both your local machine or in the cloud. Leverage the growing suite of apps available on the platform aiming to help you with all facets of creating innovative, successful products.
3DEXPERIENCE Works Simulation
3DEXPERIENCE Works Simulation Capabilities
Flexible design workflows and real-time collaboration
Industry-leading Abaqus technology
Built on industry-leading Abaqus technology, 3DEXPERIENCE Works Simulation gives novices and experts alike the power to perform complex linear and non-linear analyses to validate product designs and make better-informed product decisions faster.
Being part of the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE Works portfolio means any engineer can easily access advanced simulation without the need for expensive hardware. An added benefit is faster product delivery, thanks to real-time collaboration and data sharing capabilities.
Easy to use, comprehensive capabilities solve everything from a simple linear analysis of single components to complete simulations of full assemblies with contact and non-linearities
- Built-in Abaqus technology for linear, nonlinear, static, quasi-static, dynamic, linear and non-linear materials, sliding contact interactions, large deformations, large strain validation.
- Material calibration for accurate material behavior modeling
- Create high quality meshes and solve complex simulations such as drop test and impact
Leverage the Power of your Network with Collaboration Tools
Collaborative Industry Innovator provides engineering teams with essential capabilities for real-time, secure and structured collaboration, and lifecycle management of product data:
- Share status and results with your team to make design decisions faster
- Access and visualize 3D simulation results from anywhere with a web browser
- Save, manage and iterate on your projects from any browser
Integrated analysis tools
From structural analysis and computational fluid dynamics to injection molding simulation and advanced, cloud-enabled capabilities powered by Abaqus, SOLIDWORKS® and 3DEXPERIENCE® Works Simulation provide integrated analysis tools for every designer, engineer, and analyst.
Being part of the 3DEXPERIENCE Works portfolio means 3DEXPERIENCE Works Simulation provides flexibility for you to choose the simulation capabilities that best fit your needs when you need them.
3DEXPERIENCE Works Simulation Roles
Discover the 3DEXPERIENCE Works Simulation Roles available from TriMech
3DEXPERIENCE Works Simulation Features
An integrated workflow with SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD extending the simulation power
Structural Simulation solutions available to SOLIDWORKS users provide a comprehensive set of structural analysis capabilities to guide design decisions and improve product performance and quality
- CAD-embedded structural analysis solutions using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to predict real-life performance
- Easy to use, comprehensive capabilities solve everything from a simple linear analysis of single components to complete simulations of full assemblies with contact and non-linearities
- Cloud-enabled solutions deliver access to powerful, proven, and scalable Abaqus technology from SIMULIA
- Understand product performance early in the design process to innovate more and avoid rework
Computational Fluid Dynamics
Perform fluid flow and heat transfer simulation to improve quality and avoid manufacturing issues
- Explore fluid flow and thermal performance of products to accelerate product innovation
- A wide range of capabilities provides tools to easily predict steady-state and long transient flow and thermal behavior of products
- Fully integrated multidisciplinary environment to quickly and easily conduct CFD analyses
- Collaborate with project stakeholders around fluid flow simulation results for informed decisions
Easily analyze and optimize electromagnetic components and systems design and placement for maximum performance and reliability. Study the impact of both low and high frequency electromagnetic waves on product and system behaviors.
- Perform electromagnetics analysis, including optimization of antennas and microwave components (e.g. filters, connectors, etc.) as well as electro-mechanical devices (e.g. motors and generators) to reduce time-to-market.
- Minimize the electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) risks and the exposure of the human body to electromagnetic fields to ensure the device passes the required legal certification tests.
- Provide the most powerful methods such as the unique finite integration technique (FIT), the classical finite element method (FEM) and the transmission line matrix method (TLM), even for hybrid simulations
- Deliver unprecedented simulation reliability through cross-verification to avoid device malfunctions, warranty claims, and recalls.
Plastics Injection Molding Simulation
Predict and avoid manufacturing defects in plastic part and injection molding designs, eliminating costly rework, improving part quality, and decreasing time to market
- Virtually assess the manufacturability and quality of injection molded part designs and tooling
- Leverage easy-to-use simulation to reduce development time and costs
- Evaluate effectiveness of mold colling system designs for the right technical insights at the right time
- Maintain associativity with SOLIDWORKS CAD data and workflows
3DEXPERIENCE Works provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.