Product Release Engineer Role Overview
With a single, shared engineering product definition, the 3DEXPERIENCE Product Release Engineer (XEN-OC) Role enables engineering and other disciplines to easily complete and validate the product structure and access up-to-date information to advance product innovation.
Product Release Engineer helps reduce engineering definition time by maximizing data reuse, reducing product structure complexity, simplifying product governance through responsibility assignments and ensuring adherence to corporate standards through early definition of product part numbers.
Organize your product structures
Built on the 3DEXPERIENCE® platform, Product Release Engineer is a cloud-based solution that provides a shared product definition enabling engineering and other teams to access up-to-date information and collaborate easily on product structures. Product Release Engineer helps you accelerate product definition by maximizing data reuse, reducing the complexity of product structure, simplifying product governance and ensuring adherence to corporate standards.
Product Release Engineer enhances user productivity across the value network, delivering a modern, web-based, intuitive and easy-to-use experience for content reviews and organizing engineering data, as well as creating, validating and sharing of product information and design data.
Product Release Engineer Capabilities
Flexible design workflows and real-time collaboration
Access Engineering Items
Leverage a web-based dashboard to gain quick access to a list of engineering items owned by a user. The dashboard enables a “quick start” of a new engineering definition by narrowing the engineering items to those needed to start work.
Initiate Advanced Product Definition
Carry-over an existing engineering definition using advanced re-use strategies to duplicate, reuse and exclude existing engineering definitions to save time and reduce content errors.
Define Your Part Numbers
Set part numbers on engineering items according to your company strategy and ensure the right number is associated with the part early in the process.
Manage Your Content and Lifecycle Maturity
Create the engineering definition and edition using engineering items that can be reused, edited, replaced, revised and released to ensure company form-fit-function practices are respected.
Set Ownership of Your Engineering Items
Assign user responsibility of engineering items to ensure work allocation and sharing follows company strategy.
Visualize Your 3D Models
Visualize and navigate your 3D model and its associated experiences to enhance understanding of the product engineering definition. Use a simple viewer with intuitive tools for non-CAD users to perform actions such as 3D visualization, annotation, rotation, sectioning and distance measurement.
Organize Your Smart Data
Personalize the engineering definition display and organization by selecting the desired view, grouping the displayed engineering items by certain attributes, reordering the columns and data filtering.
Product Release Engineer Features
Product Release Engineer features to tame your data complexity
Foster multi-discipline collaboration, by accelerating cross-team collaboration and product development, with engineering responsibility assignment and tracking.
- Reduce errors and rework through a single, shared engineering product definition that ensures teams are always working on up-to-date information, avoiding the potential for confusion and errors.
- Work effectively through advanced navigation of the engineering definition that minimizes time spent searching for Engineering Items.
- Maximize data reuse, save time, and reduce costs with the ability to duplicate, reuse, and exclude existing engineering definitions.
- Drive efficiency and improve productivity through a smart data organization that fits user needs.
Smart Data Organization
Improve productivity through a smart data organization that fits user needs.
- Categorize IP & navigate on the engineering definition with category filtering capabilities to facilitate access to data.
- Foster multi-discipline collaboration and work more effectively together.
- Reduce Engineering Definition complexity with flexible visualization, mass editing capabilities, and lifecycle operations.
Apply an Engineering Definition
Drive the adoption of company part numbering conventions.
- Avoid production errors by defining the quantity of the required material in the engineering definition.
- Accelerate cross-team collaboration and product development by assigning engineering responsibilities across the value network.
- Maximize carry over with a Configured Engineering Definition.
Connect to SOLIDWORKS Desktop
Connect your traditional desktop experience with SOLIDWORKS to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
- Integrated directly into SOLIDWORKS, the 3DEXPERIENCE Desktop Add-in allows you to access all of your information from the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform right from within SOLIDWORKS.
- This workflow allows you to combine the power of SOLIDWORKS to quickly create and edit your engineering designs, with the collaborative features of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
3DEXPERIENCE Works provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.