3D Sheet Metal Creator Role Overview
Bring products to market faster by streamlining the design of complex sheet metal components, assemblies and enclosures for manufacture.
All-in-one 3D sheet metal design environment
3D Sheet Metal Creator is an intuitive, browser-based solution that offers associative parametric sheet metal design capabilities to build components, assemblies and enclosures. Its specialized, all-in-one 3D sheet metal design environment helps you streamline how you create, store, share, validate and manage designs, and bring sheet metal products to market faster.
Built on the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE® Works platform, 3D Sheet Metal Creator stores design data securely in one central location and works seamlessly with the design-to-manufacturing, data management and collaboration solutions on the platform.
3D Sheet Metal Creator Capabilities
Flexible design workflows and real-time collaboration
Sheet metal-specific feature set
Improve design productivity by using the sheet metal-specific feature set and context toolbars such as walls, flanges and corner reliefs.
Work on the web
Work entirely in a web browser, giving you the freedom to design anytime, anywhere, with no need for installation.
Utilize an intuitive single-modeling environment to convert features to components, and components to assemblies, making enclosure assembly design more flexible and efficient.
Rapidly create and iterate designs in a matter of clicks, avoiding the assembly structure constraints and upfront planning required by traditional CAD applications.
3D & 2D Designs
Create complex 3D sheet metal models for press brake manufacturing, and automatically generate 2D patterns that update instantly with the folded geometry.
Use existing geometry as reference
Utilize existing mechanical or electrical assemblies as reference geometry to model enclosures and easily insert commercial, off-the-shelf items into sheet metal assemblies.
Assemble with ease
Eliminate the need to plan your assembly structure up front. Make model changes at any time in a single modeling environment for parts and assemblies.
Bring in 3D data from SOLIDWORKS®, CATIA®, Solid Edge®, Inventor® and STEP and IGES to complete your assemblies.
3D Sheet Metal Creator Features
3D Sheet Metal Creator is fully on the cloud—all you need to start designing is an internet connection.
Purpose built for Sheet Metal Design
3D Sheet Metal Creator was built with tools, and features purpose-built for sheet metal design and collaboration.
- Remove the clutter from your digital design space: all workflows, toolbars, and menus are specific to sheet metal processes
- Experience an intuitive, all-in-one, sheet metal-focused design environment tailored for 3D sheet metal design
- Design comes first: all your data in one place increases design flexibility and eliminates time spent structuring assemblies
You don't have to design alone. 3D Sheet Metal Creator comes with a built-in artificial intelligence (AI) that helps you design smarter.
- Built-in AI and machine learning engine that learns how you design and predicts your next move
- Every time you design, the assistant learns from you and can make recommendations to optimize your design workflows
- Remove repetitive, tedious tasks from your design process with automation and focus on building better sheet metal parts
No matter where your team is in the product development cycle, 3D Sheet Metal Creator and 3DEXPERIENCE Works can help take your design to the next level.
- Create complex 3D sheet metal geometry and automatically generate and view 2D flat pattern geometry
- Review and prepare accurate 2D flat patterns for manufacturing that always stay up to date with the folded geometry
- Easily design sheet metal assemblies and enclosures around existing mechanical or electrical geometry
- Work back and forth with other 3DEXPERIENCE Works tools to design concurrently with your team and create complex assemblies together
Connect to SOLIDWORKS Desktop
Connect your traditional desktop experience with SOLIDWORKS to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
- Integrated directly into SOLIDWORKS, the 3DEXPERIENCE Desktop Add-in allows you to access all of your information from the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform right from within SOLIDWORKS.
- This workflow allows you to combine the power of SOLIDWORKS to quickly create and edit your engineering designs, with the collaborative features of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
3DEXPERIENCE Works provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.
Learn more about Apps available through the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform