3D Mold Creator Role Overview
3D Mold Creator provides specialized, automated, easy-to-use features for the design of mold core, cavity, and inserts in a browser. Its functionality bridges the gap between plastic part designers and mold makers—sophisticated enough for mold makers yet easy enough to use for plastic and cast part designers and engineers.
All-in-one mold design environment
3D Mold Creator provides dedicated mold tooling design functionality that enables faster, automated and more robust design of mold core, cavity and inserts geometry.
Speed tooling design with automated features and improve the ability of your mold design to survive last-minute changes to the design model. Built on the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE® platform, 3D Mold Creator enables your teams to work concurrently on the same project, while keeping your data safe and accessible from anywhere, at any time, and on the device of your choosing.
Built on the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE® Works platform, 3D Mold Creator stores design data securely in one central location and works seamlessly with the design-to-manufacturing, data management and collaboration solutions on the platform.
3D Mold Creator Capabilities
Flexible design workflows for plastic part designers
Get your new users up to speed quickly and standardize your mold design process with Learning Assistant.
Guide new users and speed up design for experienced users with built-in mold design workflow intelligence.
Mold specific features
Automatically create parting lines, shutoff surfaces, parting surfaces, and mold splitting, making mold design faster.
Automatic Change Update
Update molds with design part changes automatically to accelerate design changes.
Draft & Undercut Checking
Eliminate mold lockup and ensure proper mold function with Draft and Undercut checking.
Scale for shrinkage
Compensate for plastic shrinkage in the plastic part by scaling your design.
Output mold core, cavity, and insert components quickly and easily for manufacturing and 3D printing.
Work in your browser
Work entirely in a web browser, giving you the freedom to design anytime, anywhere, with no need for installation.
3D Mold Creator Features
3D Mold Creator is fully on the cloud—all you need to start designing is an internet connection.
Purpose built for Mold Design
3D Mold Creator is equipped with mold design capabilities that cut design time from hours to minutes. Highlights include:
- Tailored mold design interface allows users to quickly and easily build models using intuitive mold design features
- The ability to check for draft and undercuts to ensure proper mold function and eliminate mold lockup
- Automatic and interactive creation of parting lines, shutoff surfaces, parting surfaces, and mold splitting
- Fast creation of mold core, cavity and inserts. Export mold components for manufacturing
3DEXPERIENCE Works roles are all about the experience. Built-in mold design workflow intelligence provides an interactive and fun experience that:
- Automatically steers you to the next feature necessary to complete the mold design process
- Provides automated and interactive workflows, speeding up mold design. Single modeling environment saves time
- Displays intelligent messaging that notifies you if you have missed a step in the process and offers a shortcut to complete it
- Helps guide new users through the creation of mold tooling and speeds the design process for experienced users
3DEXPERIENCE Works cloud solutions work together seamlessly, simplifying data management and collaboration across the entire team. Benefits include:
- Clearly communicate and speed up collaboration with part makers to sort out issues before parts go to manufacturing
- Provides an integrated, easy-to-use process with automatic data management with built-in revision control and branching
- Manage the lifecycle of multiple types of content, including 3D design files and simulation models
Store all your design data in a centralized, secure location in the cloud. Reduces IT costs, software maintenance
Connect to SOLIDWORKS Desktop
Connect your traditional desktop experience with SOLIDWORKS to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
- Integrated directly into SOLIDWORKS, the 3DEXPERIENCE Desktop Add-in allows you to access all of your information from the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform right from within SOLIDWORKS.
- This workflow allows you to combine the power of SOLIDWORKS to quickly create and edit your engineering designs, with the collaborative features of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
3DEXPERIENCE Works provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.