3DEXPERIENCE Platform 2023x FD01 provides many new and streamlined features watch the video learn more.
3DEXPERIENCE Platform 2023x FD01 provides many new and streamlined features.
Whether you are an existing SOLIDWORKS customer using the platform, or you are considering the benefits of a cloud-based platform for data management, the following on-demand webinar will have relevant information for your team. We will also quickly touch on cloud-design apps within the platform:
Three notable enhancements in 3DEXPERIENCE Platform 2023x FD01
Every couple of months, the 3DEXPERIENCE platform sees enhancements added to improve the user experience and add new functionality.
These enhancements are designed to ease the day-to-day life of both platform and SOLIDWORKS users.
One of the benefits of a software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution like the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, is that every release delivers real, functional value, not just bug fixes.
And with so many new and exciting enhancements, it can be hard to work out which ones will bring you the most value.
So we’ve done the hard work for you, and picked out the top 3 enhancements from the February 2023 release of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
#1 – Enhanced Open Dialog
The SOLIDWORKS Open dialog is where most of us head first thing after starting SOLIDWORKS, to quickly access recent work and design projects.
The Open dialog was enhanced a few platform releases ago to integrate directly into the platform, and now has been made even better with improvements made to:
- Recent files access, and an indicator of whether they are saved locally or in the platform. A handy cloud symbol now indicates whether a file has been saved to the platform or not.
- Quick links – the open dialog now comes preloaded with 2 handy searches: Locked By Me, and My Content
- Locked By Me finds all the content that is locked to you (i.e. Checked Out)
- My Content finds every piece of content you’ve saved and own in the platform
- Bookmarks, a great way to organize content, and they offer a easy transition from a Windows folder-based environment. Now, the Open dialog lists bookmarks you’ve recently opened content from, as well as one-click access to all your bookmarks.
#2 – Revision Table Integration
We now have full support for the standard SOLIDWORKS revision table driven by the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.Customers can setup their drawing templates with the revision table and select “driven by 3DEXPERIENCE platform” from the document properties.
#3 – Document Editing and Markup
3DEXPERIENCE Platform 2023x FD01 isn’t just for CAD users, there are some great tools in there for non-CAD users and reviewers.
Document management has always been possible in the platform, but with the latest release come some key enhancements to the process.
Users can now access a full rich text editor directly inside the platform without needing to download a local copy and work in Word etc.Additionally, multiple people can work on the same document at the same time collaboratively.
We’ve also seen enhancements to the Markup app. This can be used for conducting design reviews, but is now equally useful for providing comment and review functionality to documents.The markup can also be exported as a PDF for further collaboration.