A further in-depth course to our fundamentals course to help you understand, interpret and apply the principles of GD&T
Cost Per Seat: Contact Us
Prerequisites: Completed our GD&T Fundamentals course or equivalent knowledge
For: Designers, Engineers, Toolmakers, Inspectors, and Project Managers
What You Will Learn
- Beyond the basics of GD&T
- Understanding of the ASME Y14.5-2018 standard
- How to Read, Understand and Apply GD&T
- Using GD&T with CAD
- Tolerance stacks and tolerance build-up calculations
- Methods of Inspection
- Communicating Design Intent
- Accurate Machining of Parts
- Profile Tolerances
- Characteristics and Symbols
- Datum Modifiers
- Composite feature control frames
Why take this course
GD&T is essential to ensure functional information and design intent from the assembly to its individual parts. This insures accurate fitting assemblies and spare parts regardless of where they are manufactured.
The GD&T Advanced course is ideal for Designers, toolmakers, inspectors and project managers.
What the course covers
Our Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing advanced course covers the fundamentals and principles of the ASME Y14.5-2018 GD&T standard. The course focuses on the geometric characteristic symbols explaining in detail each symbol, feature control frames, different modifiers and how they affect tolerancing when placed in the feature control frame.