SOLIDWORKS Essentials Refresher Overview
This SOLIDWORKS Essentials Refresher course will re-introduce the main topics covered in the SOLIDWORKS Essentials Training Course.
Understand the basics of the most recent releases of SOLIDWORKS, the training will help you to develop an efficient skillset.
The course is ideal for users who have taken a SOLIDWORKS Essentials course in the past but have not had the opportunity to use the software since receiving the training. Or for existing users who want to refresh their SOLIDWORKS skills.
NOTE: This is not a replacement for the SOLIDWORKS Essentials course, as it provides an update for the basics and not an-depth introduction to SOLIDWORKS
This training course will help you to:
- Create parametric sketches
- Create parts and build assemblies
- Create and control different versions of your parts with configurations
- Automate design modification with equations and excel design tables
- Create drawings of your designs
Examples of models featured in the SOLIDWORKS Essentials Refresher
SSOLIDWORKS Essentials Refresher Course Requirements & Benefits
Understand the course requirements and the skills you will acquire after completing the SOLIDWORKS Essentials Refresher course
"Javelin provided exposure to otherwise unknown SOLIDWORKS capabilities. Instructor was not only knowledgeable but very passionate. The knowledge gained will have a positive impact on our overall efficiency."
— Tom Kurzava, Colonial Tool Group
"I liked the balance between explanation and practical. Introduced many new concepts. The new knowledge of shortcuts, hot keys, and menus will reduce time spent on modeling and increase my efficency."
— Michael Mohan, ATS Automation
"Learned a more efficient use of SOLIDWORKS including features I have not been using. Like multiple displays in drawing and large assembly techniques most useful"
— Matthew Cunningham, Primech
"The instructor covered additional material during the SOLIDWORKS Advanced Update course which will prove to be useful."
— Phil Vermeeren, Jefferson Elora Corporation
SOLIDWORKS Essentials Refresher Lessons
The following lessons are included in the course
Lesson 1: SOLIDWORKS Basics and the User Interface
- What is SOLIDWORKS Software?
- Design Intent
- File References
- Opening Files
- The SOLIDWORKS User Interface
- Using the Command Manager
Lesson 2: Introduction to Sketching
- 2D Sketching
- Stages in the Process
- Saving Files
- What are We Going to Sketch?
- Sketch Entities
- Basic Sketching
- Rules That Govern Sketches
- Design Intent
- Sketch Relations
- Sketching Guidelines
Lesson 3: Basic Part Modeling
- Basic Modeling
- Choosing the Best Profile
- Choosing the Sketch Plane
- Details of the Part
- Boss Feature
- Sketching on a Planar Face
- Cut Feature
- Using the Hole Wizard
- View Selector
- Editing Tools
- Detailing Basics
- Drawing Views
- Center Marks
- Changing Parameters
Lesson 4: Symmetry and Draft
- Case Study: Ratchet
- Design Intent
- Boss Feature with Draft
- Symmetry in the Sketch
- Sketching Inside the Model
- View Options
- Using Model Edges in a Sketch
- Creating Trimmed Sketch Geometry
- Copy & Paste Features
Lesson 5: Patterning
- Why Use Patterns?
- Linear Pattern
- Circular Patterns
- Reference Geometry
- Mirror Patterns
- Using Pattern Seed Only
- Up To Reference
- Sketch Driven Patterns
Lesson 6: Revolved Features
- Case Study: Handwheel
- Design Intent
- Revolved Features
- Building the Rim
- Building the Spoke
- Edit Material
- Mass Properties
- File Properties
- SOLIDWORKS SimulationXpress
- Using SOLIDWORKS SimulationXpress
- The SimulationXpress Interface
Lesson 7: Shelling and Ribs
- Shelling and Ribs
- Analyzing and Adding Draft
- Other Options for Draft
- Full Round Fillets
- Thin Features
Lesson 8: Editing: Repairs
- Part Editing
- Editing Topics
- Sketch Issues
Lesson 9: Editing: Design Changes
- Part Editing
- Design Changes
- Information From a Model
- Rebuilding Tools
- Sketch Contours
- Replace Sketch Entity
Lesson 10: Configurations
- Using Configurations
- Other Methods to Create Configurations
- Modeling Strategies for Configurations
- Editing Part that Have Configurations
- Design Library
Lesson 11: Global Variables & Equations
- Using Global Variables and Equations
- Renaming Features and Dimensions
- Design Rules Using Global Variables and Equations
- Global Variables
- Using Operators and Functions
Lesson 12: Using Drawings
- More About Making Drawings
- Section View
- Model Views
- Broken View
- Detail Views
- Drawing Sheets and Sheet Formats
Lesson 13: Bottom-Up Assembly Modeling
- Case Study: Universal Joint
- Bottom-Up Assembly
- Creating a New Assembly
- Position of the First Component
- FeatureManager Design Tree and Symbols
- Adding Components
- Mating Components
- Using Part Configurations in Assemblies
- Smart Mates
- Inserting Sub-assemblies
- Pack and Go
Lesson 14: Using Assemblies
- Analyzing the Assembly
- Checking for Clearances
- Changing the Values of Dimensions
- Exploded Assemblies
- Explode Line Sketch
- Bill of Materials
- Assembly Drawings
- Options Settings
- Document Templates
Choose the training method right for you
Receive training as a group (limited amount per class) from certified instructors using vendor approved training content and methodologies.
Training is delivered either live online or in a traditional classroom environment.
- Cost effective training method.
- More effective than video based training, with videos learners are often not as focused on the training and skip exercises.
- Learn more through group questions and feedback.
This style of flexible training is perfect for teams or individuals who are faced with a specific challenge and require personalized courses with on-the-job coaching.
Training is available live online, in-person classroom or onsite at your location.
- Use our state-of-the-art mobile classroom at your facility.
- Bring your team up to a consistent level of knowledge by having them take the same training at the same time.
- Benefit from flexible scheduling options.
Upcoming Training Courses
Choose a scheduled SOLIDWORKS Essentials Refresher course
Are you using SOLIDWORKS to its full potential?
Enhance your skills and capabilities with a SOLIDWORKS Training Assessment from TriMech.