Robot Programmer Role Overview
The DELMIA 3DEXPERIENCE Robot Programmer Role can deliver high-quality, collision-free programs in the native robot language with minimal intervention on the shop floor.
In the virtual world, programmers and designers work in concert to create the most productive tooling operations and robot cycle times. Programming can move ahead independently without interrupting production, and robot programs perform predictably the first time. Costs of programming and production are significantly reduced, and products move to market more quickly.
Virtual Environment for Programming
Moving programming off the shop floor to a virtual environment immediately results in significant cost and productivity benefits:
- Programmers do not need to wait until the tools are built to create and validate programs.
- Production on the shop floor can move ahead uninterrupted while new programs are being authored and validated.
- Programs work safely and predictably. Designs have already been validated. Programmers have a working knowledge of tool operation. Collision damage and delays are greatly reduced. There is no penalty for crashing a robot in the preproduction virtual world, where fixes are easier and quicker.
- Offline programmers are freed from the necessity of making shop floor fixes. They can use their time to make workcells operational within the project timeline and deliver consistent production quality
Robot Programmer Capabilities
Moving programming off the shop floor to a virtual environment
Extensive libraries of robots and controllers
Robot Programmer integrates programming and visualization. Working from extensive libraries of robots and controllers, programmers position resources, program individual robots, debug robot motion trajectories, and orchestrate workcell sequences between robots and other resources.
Store and re-use their specific programming practices
Programmers can use templates to store and re-use their specific programming practices as corporate IP. The 3DEXPERIENCE platform lets multiple programmers work on different robots within the same workcell at the same time, reducing project people hours.
Reduced programming lead time
Robot programmers can create, verify and validate programs in a virtual world that is separated from real-world production and download programs in native robot languages. They spend less time on the shop floor implementing fixes and workarounds while production waits. Production keeps rolling and time-to-market shrinks.
Collision free Trajectories
Robot Programmer provides comprehensive simulations of the workcell process, programmers can visualize tasks and ensure that robots move from source to target on collision free trajectories.
Load balancing and reduced cycle times
Programmers can simulate robots singly or in parallel to analyze reachability and task assignments. The workload can be equalized among robots to meet cycle time requirements. Fasteners can be analyzed for the most optimum assignment across multiple robots in a line.
Faster response to requests for quotation
Cross-discipline collaboration on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform enables the concurrent validation of tooling and process plans—which means that companies can respond faster and more accurately to RFQs.
Offline programmers are freed from the necessity of making shop floor fixes
They can use their time to make workcells operational within the project timeline and deliver consistent production quality.
Perform seamless collaboration workflows with 3DEXPERIENCE platform
Robot Programmer Features
Apply simulation directly to your design geometry
Load balancing and reduced cycle times
Programmers can simulate robots singly or in parallel to analyze reachability and task assignments.
- The workload can be equalized among robots to meet cycle time requirements.
- Fasteners can be analyzed for the most optimum assignment across multiple robots in a line.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform enables your organization to efficiently manage all facets of your product development process while reducing infrastructure costs, IT overhead, software maintenance and complexity. Your teams can take advantage of the following platform capabilities:
- Securely view, share, annotate, discuss and manage designs and simulation data from anywhere, at any time and on any device with a web browser
- Collaborate with all internal and external team members through cloud-based dashboards, messaging, activity streams, communities and drag-and-drop task management
3DEXPERIENCE Works provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.