TriMech’s Tim Paris discusses how to run the template wizard in SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional to create automation for files and folders.
About This On-Demand Webinar
Join TriMech Application Engineer as he elaborates on how to run the template wizard in SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional to create automation for file and folder creation. In this webinar, you will see in detail how to create files and folders and learn the benefits to your efficiency with each. There are many benefits of using the template wizard, for example:
- Creating a process for a folder structure:
- Eliminates inconsistent folder creation and placement
- Creates a common folder structure, in a prescribed location
- Passes metadata from custom GUI to the folder data card
- Creating a process for files:
- Uses vaulted and controlled files
- Constant naming and placement
- Pass metadata from PDM to the file, less duplicate data entry
Using the template wizard in SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional can be a huge help to you and your company. Watch the full webinar above to learn more or check out our entire on-demand webinar library to learn about other interesting topics here!