SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard
With SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard FEA software you can determine if your product will perform properly and how long it will last. Virtually test your product designs against real-world, multi-physical conditions. SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard supports static linear, time-based motion and high-cycle fatigue simulations. With Trend Tracker capability and Design Insight plots, this SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD-embedded add-in solution allows you to optimize your design workflow while you work.
Request a Quote
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard provides structural analysis solutions using the Finite Element Analysis (FEA) method to predict a product’s physical behavior in the real world. The solutions include: linear static analysis, concurrent engineering, finite element analysis, contacts and connectors, post processing, design comparison studies, detecting unconstrained bodies, fatigue analysis, motion analysis, and equation-driven results.
Reduce your time-to-market by optimizing the design before costly production. Virtual testing predicts the Factor of Safety (FOS) earlier in the process to minimize time and money waste. SOLIDWORKS Simulation recommends alternative design shapes with topology optimization to ensure the best version is created before production. Eliminate the need for multiple versions of prototypes with SOLIDWORKS Simulation.
Evaluate your product performance throughout its operational cycle with motion analysis
SOLIDWORKS Motion Simulation provides engineers with powerful, intuitive assembly motion analysis to accurately determine the physical movements of the assembly under load, as well as the timing (time-based motion) or sequencing (event based motion).
- Define motion studies with time-based approach for rigid body kinematic and dynamic problems.
- Leverage SOLIDWORKS assembly mates along with part properties for motion analysis.
- Evaluate characteristics like actuator force and joint loads for motion optimization.
- Gain greater control of model actuators with servomotors.
Verify your design with powerful linear static analysis
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard linear stress analysis enables designers and engineers to quickly and efficiently validate quality, performance, and safety—all while creating their design.
Tightly integrated with SOLIDWORKS CAD, linear stress analysis using can be a regular part of your design process, reducing the need for costly prototypes, eliminating rework and delays, and saving time and development costs.
- Test products made of weldments, sheet metal, and volume geometry with mixed mesh.
- Evaluate strain and stresses between contacting parts, including friction.
- Apply bearing loads, forces, pressures, and torques.
- Improve designs based on structural, motion, or geometric criteria.
- Use connectors or virtual fasteners to model bolts, pins, springs, and bearings, and dimension them under applied loads.
- Activate the Trend Tracker and Design Insight plots to highlight optimal design changes while you work.
- Intuitively manage your shell model with the Shell Manager.
Study the effects of cyclic loading on product life
Carry out fatigue analysis and predict component fatigue failures during the design phase with the CAD-embedded SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard add-in. You can then adjust your design or define a preventive maintenance schedule to reduce warranty costs and maximize product life.
- Check a system’s expected life or accumulated damage after a specified number of cycles.
- Import load history data from real physical tests to define loading events.
|Capability||SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium||SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional||SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard||SOLIDWORKS Premium|
|Ease of Use/Intuitiveness||●||●||●||●|
|Linear Static Simulation for Assembly||●||●||●||●|
|Time Based Mechanism Motion Simulation||●||●||●||●|
|Finite Element Analysis||●||●||●|
|Contacts and Connectors||●||●||●|
|Design Comparison Studies||●||●||●|
|Detecting Unconstrained Bodies||●||●||●|
|Equation Driven Results||●||●||●|
|Design Optimization (based on Simulation data)||●||●|
|Advanced Contacts & Connectors||●||●|
|Event-Based Motion Simulation||●||●|
|Buckling or Collapse Simulation||●||●|
|Structural Thermal Simulation||●||●|
|Drop Test Simulation||●||●|
|Pressure Vessel Design Simulation||●||●|
|Load Case Manager||●||●|
|Composites Components Simulation||●|
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard includes:
- Ease of Use
- Design Data Reuse
- Static Studies
- Post Processing
- Contacts and Connectors
- Motion Analysis
- Design Studies
- FEA Modeling
- Loads and Restraints
- Assembly Connectivity
- Fatigue Simulation
- Design Comparison Studies
- Trend Tracker
- Detecting Unconstrained Bodies
- Equation Driven Results