SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium
Utilize real-world, multi-physical simulation techniques with the robust features in SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium. SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium will test nonlinear and dynamic response, dynamic loading and composite materials, providing unmatched product design insight. Your products will be more reliable and optimized than ever before, no matter the material or use environment.
Request a Quote
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium includes additional advanced simulation types beyond the Standard and Professional packages. They are categorized into two different types, Nonlinear and Dynamic analysis.
- Nonlinear analysis provides simulation on transient loads, large component deformation, nonlinear materials, self-contact for nonlinear analysis, real-time visual updates while solving.
- Dynamic analysis provides simulation and analysis for modal time history, harmonic, random vibration, response spectrum, and estimated component life based on dynamic loading.
Analyze your design in the Nonlinear world
Nonlinear stress analysis calculates the stresses and deformations of products under the most general loading and material conditions for dynamic (time dependent) loads, large component deformations, and nonlinear materials, such as rubber or metals, beyond their yield point:
- Easily transition between linear and nonlinear simulations for comprehensive evaluation.
- Examine deformations caused by overloads, contact (including self-contact), and flexible materials.
- Determine residual stresses and permanent deformations in metals after material yield.
- Study nonlinear buckling and snap-through events.
- Investigate designs with hyperelastic materials, such as rubbers, silicones and other elastomers.
- Conduct an elasto-plastic analysis to study plastic deformation and the onset of yield.
- Examine creep effects and material changes with temperature.
- Test the performance of your molded plastic part taking into account in-mold residual stresses and temperature with SOLIDWORKS Plastics.
Perform Dynamic Analysis of parts and assemblies
Dynamic analysis using SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium enables designers and engineers to quickly and efficiently determine the impact of time varying loads on the structural response of their product design to ensure performance, quality, and safety.
Dynamic analysis can incorporate frequency, impact, and drop tests. The primary unknown in a dynamic analysis is component displacement over time, but with this calculated, stresses, velocities, and accelerations can also be determined together with the natural modes of vibration:
- Simulate time history, steady-state harmonic, response spectrum, and random vibration excitations.
- Study stress, displacement, velocity, and acceleration variations with time, as well as RMS and PSD values.
- Carry out impact analysis using nonlinear dynamic capabilities.
- Determine the durability of a product submitted to vibrations with fatigue analysis.
Simulate Composite Materials
Quickly understand complex component responses with analysis of composite parts using SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium. You can then optimize material selection and the number and orientation of the composite ply layup to ensure product quality, performance, and factor of safety (FoS).
Easily analyze symmetrical and unsymmetrical composite layups, as well as composite sandwiches. Each layer can be defined by a unique set of material properties and orientation, giving the designer maximum control to find the optimum layup and material for maximum product performance.
- Study multilayer composite components to examine the effects of layer material, thickness, and orientation on product performance.
- Use the revolutionary user interface to dynamically control and display ply orientation.
- Determine the correct composite lay-up and orientation for operational loads
Offloaded Simulation allows you to solve your SOLIDWORKS Studies on another computer
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium includes Offloaded Simulation where you can solve a study on another computer to free up resources on your machine for parallel tasks.
The equation solving tasks (not meshing) are run on another computer connected on the same network domain. Solving tasks are run purely on the second computer and not shared between computers (i.e. not cluster computing). But this allows you to continue working on your machine without using resources for solving.
|Capability||SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium||SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional||SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard||SOLIDWORKS Premium|
|Ease of Use/Intuitiveness||●||●||●||●|
|Linear Static Simulation for Assembly||●||●||●||●|
|Time Based Mechanism Motion Simulation||●||●||●||●|
|Finite Element Analysis||●||●||●|
|Contacts and Connectors||●||●||●|
|Design Comparison Studies||●||●||●|
|Detecting Unconstrained Bodies||●||●||●|
|Equation Driven Results||●||●||●|
|Design Optimization (based on Simulation data)||●||●|
|Advanced Contacts & Connectors||●||●|
|Event-Based Motion Simulation||●||●|
|Buckling or Collapse Simulation||●||●|
|Structural Thermal Simulation||●||●|
|Drop Test Simulation||●||●|
|Pressure Vessel Design Simulation||●||●|
|Load Case Manager||●||●|
|Composites Components Simulation||●|
Includes features in SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard and Professional version plus the following additions:
- Linear Dynamic Studies
- Non-Linear Analysis
- Dynamic Simulation
- Offloaded Simulation