Available with SOLIDWORKS Premium, this add-in allows you to add a 3D pipe, tube, or electrical route with connectors, branches, clips and splices. It also enables you to create multiple connection points within your parts. Take advantage of this specialized type of subassembly to add pipework and electrical cables to your assemblies.
Request a Quote
SOLIDWORKS Routing software simplifies the design of all types of piping, tubing, and electrical cabling systems. The solution can save significant time in the design of machinery and equipment that contains pneumatic, hydraulic, or electrical subsystems. SOLIDWORKS Routing includes a library of ready-made fittings that further reduces design time, as well as a component selection filter that eases compliance with standards.
Design routed systems more quickly. SolidWorks Routing enables you to quickly and easily design pipe, tube, and electrical routes in your product designs. Key timesaving tools include:
- Intuitive creation and modification of routed systems, including drag-and-drop placement, automatic sizing of components (parts or assemblies), copying and mirroring of routes, and autoinsertion of piping bends and elbows.
- Fast, easy 3D parametric modeling of tubing, piping, and electrical cable and harness systems within complex product or equipment designs.
- Autorouting of flexible tube, hose, and electrical cable and harness segments, along with rigid pipe, tube, and electrical conduit, directly or through mounting clips and hangers.
- Timesaving library of ready-made tubing, piping, and electrical cabling and harnessing components.
- Automatic creation of engineering drawings and bills of materials with complete information, including cut lengths for pipe and tube routes.
- Specialized capabilities including creation of bend data files for CNC tube- and pipebending machines and efficient creation of penetration cuts involving pipes and tubes.
- Easy reuse of data created with electrical CAD software and other tools when creating new cable and harness route designs, importing data conveniently in Microsoft® Excel format.