SOLIDWORKS Plastics Standard
Fully embedded within SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD, SOLIDWORKS Plastics Standard plastic part analysis software helps you predict and avoid manufacturing defects during the earliest stages of your part design, eliminating costly mold rework, improving part quality, and decreasing time-to-market.
Request a Quote
SOLIDWORKS Plastics Standard plastic part analysis software is ideal for plastics part designers, as it allows for parts to be optimized for manufacturability in the early stages of design. Easy to learn and use, the software is fully embedded within SOLIDWORKS CAD software so you can analyze and modify designs at the same time you optimize for form, fit, and function.
Evaluating manufacturability of a part during initial design provides designers with the opportunity to help their companies avoid design changes and production issues later in the process. SOLIDWORKS Plastics Standard software gives designers fast, accurate answers to important questions, including:
- Will my plastic part fill?
- Where will the parting/weld lines appear?
- Will there be any voids or air traps?
- Where will the best gate locations be?
The plastic part analysis software enables designers to simulate the mold-filling stage not so much for the purpose of developing actual tooling but for understanding whether design modifications prior to mold development will speed tooling design, accelerate production, and shorten time-to-market.
SOLIDWORKS Plastics Benefits
- Avoid Hidden Costs: SOLIDWORKS Plastics products can be used to optimize part wall thickness, gate locations, runner system size, and layout to ensure the mold works right the first time, reducing or eliminating the need for rework.
- Reduce Manufacturing Defects and Scrap: SOLIDWORKS Plastics makes it easy to analyze design iterations at the earliest stages of product development—when the cost of change is lowest and the impact on manufacturability is greatest. This improves part quality and minimizes scrap rates.
- Reduce Time-to-Market Delays: SOLIDWORKS Plastics helps to predict and avoid potential manufacturing defects before any mold tooling is cut, virtually eliminating the need for time consuming and costly mold rework and ensuring project deadlines and ship dates are met, and projects are within budget.
- Avoid Inefficient “Islands of Automation”: SOLIDWORKS Plastics provides automated report generation tools that facilitate the sharing and interpretation of simulation results, allowing increased collaboration among development teams at different sites.
|Ease of Use||●||●||●|
|Design Data Reuse||●||●||●|
|Parallel Computing (Multi-core)||●||●||●|
|Filling Phase (1st Stage Injection)||●||●||●|
|Instantaneous Fill Time Plot||●||●||●|
|Sink Mark Analysis||●||●||●|
|Ease of Fill||●||●||●|
|Pressure at End of Fill||●||●||●|
|Flow Front Temperature||●||●||●|
|Temperature at End of Fill||●||●||●|
|Frozen Layer Fraction at End of Fill||●||●||●|
|Packing Phase (2nd Stage Injection)||●||●|
|Runner Design Wizard||●||●|
|Sprues and Runners||●||●|
|Hot and Cold Runners||●||●|
|Density at End of Pack||●||●|
|Exports STL, NASTRAN||●||●|
|Export with Mechanical Properties ABAQUS®, ANSYS, DigiMat®||●||●|
|Baffles and Bubblers||●|
|Conformal Cooling Channels||●|
|Runner Domain Category||●|
|Sink Mark Profiles||●|
|Mold Temperature at Cooling End||●|
|Displacement Due to Residual Stress||●|
Key features include:
- Ease of Use
- Design Data Reuse
- Materials Database
- Parallel Computing (Multi-core)
- Filling Phase (1st Stage Injection)
- Automatic Gare Location(s)
- Instantaneous Fill Time Plot
- Sink Mark Analysis
- eDrawings Support
- Fill Time
- Ease of Fill
- Results Adviser
- Nominal Wall Thickness Adviser
- Pressure at End of Fill
- Flow Front Temperature
- Temperature at End of Fill
- Shear Rate
- Cooling Time
- Weld Lines
- Air Traps
- Sink Marks
- Frozen Layer Fraction at End of Fill
- Clamp Force
- Cycle Time