SOLIDWORKS Plastics Premium
SOLIDWORKS Plastics Premium is the most advanced solution, offering all the features of SOLIDWORKS Plastics Professional plus mold cooling line layouts analysis and molded part warpage prediction functionality. Designers can build and study simple or complex mold cooling line layouts, reduce cycle times, improve material selection and optimize processing parameters.
Request a Quote
SOLIDWORKS Plastics Premium software helps injection-molded manufacturing professionals find ways to improve production cycle times. The premium version provides the capability of predicting molded part warpage and mold cooling analysis by simulating the coolant flowing inside the lines. Being able to run a residual stress test for possible displacement saves time and money from mistakes that could be prevented.
SOLIDWORKS Plastics Premium for Improving Production Cycle Times
Reducing injection-molding cycle times by opening molds and ejecting high-quality parts in as short a time as possible is critically important to the success of today’s manufacturing professionals. With the most advanced set of capabilities, SOLIDWORKS Plastics Premium software helps injection-molding specialists achieve the optimal balance between fast cycle times and high-quality production. The software supports the design and simulation of injection-mold cooling line layouts, the development of conformal cooling channel systems, the exploration of different types of materials, and the optimization of processing parameters to reduce or eliminate molded part warpage. By leveraging these additional simulation tools, injection-molding specialists can resolve the challenges that extend cycle times and take production to an entirely new level of performance.
SOLIDWORKS Plastics Advantage
With SOLIDWORKS Plastics Premium, designers, engineers and analysts can easily and accurately simulate plastic and coolant flow within molds, rapidly identifying possible problems or defects. The system enables users to create multiple simulation models to accommodate different materials, temperatures, or other conditions, and to maintain visibility and control throughout the mold making and manufacturing processes.
SOLIDWORKS Plastics includes a user-customizable interface and customizable function sets, enabling users to optimize productivity by adapting the program to suit their individual needs and workflows. As with all SOLIDWORKS specialized functions, Plastics users can easily collaborate with their colleagues, whether onsite, offsite or anywhere in the world. SOLIDWORKS Plastics lets users eliminate expensive mold re-works, optimize part quality, and ensure manufacturability in a familiar, efficient environment.
- Prevent manufacturing errors. SOLIDWORKS Plastics lets users easily identify and correct potential manufacturing errors during the design process.
- Eliminate expensive mold rework. By sidestepping rework, manufacturers can save thousands of dollars and weeks of lost production time.
- Reduce the need for secondary processes. An optimized molding process cuts the need for secondary processes, such as polishing, deburring, or flash removal.
- Optimize manufacturing cycle times. Reducing cycle time requirements enables more cycles and more productivity.
- Perform tests quickly and accurately. Complex simulation functions are conducted through an intuitive, streamlined interface.
- Reduce material waste. Optimal placement of stringer channels and vents reduces material consumption.
The Fast Track to Better Parts and Processes
SOLIDWORKS Plastics Premium lets design engineers create with confidence. It allows them to easily and accurately model the behavior of molds and material during the design process, which makes it easy to optimize designs for warpage, shrinkage, quality and manufacturability.
- Shared design and materials data helps ensure compatibility with other project components
and compliance with other part requirements.
- Maintain multiple simulation configurations to account for differences in materials, operating
temperatures, machine types or other variables.
- Easily alternate between design and analysis functions to increase productivity.
- Direct integration with SOLIDWORKS embeds testing into the design process, eliminating the need for costly external studies.
- Familiar interface and functions mean that minimal additional training is needed for SOLIDWORKS users.
- Work directly from design data without the need for file import or export.
- Benefit from an established, proven platform with a vast global user base.
|Ease of Use||●||●||●|
|Design Data Reuse||●||●||●|
|Parallel Computing (Multi-core)||●||●||●|
|Filling Phase (1st Stage Injection)||●||●||●|
|Instantaneous Fill Time Plot||●||●||●|
|Sink Mark Analysis||●||●||●|
|Ease of Fill||●||●||●|
|Pressure at End of Fill||●||●||●|
|Flow Front Temperature||●||●||●|
|Temperature at End of Fill||●||●||●|
|Frozen Layer Fraction at End of Fill||●||●||●|
|Packing Phase (2nd Stage Injection)||●||●|
|Runner Design Wizard||●||●|
|Sprues and Runners||●||●|
|Hot and Cold Runners||●||●|
|Density at End of Pack||●||●|
|Exports STL, NASTRAN||●||●|
|Export with Mechanical Properties ABAQUS®, ANSYS, DigiMat®||●||●|
|Baffles and Bubblers||●|
|Conformal Cooling Channels||●|
|Runner Domain Category||●|
|Sink Mark Profiles||●|
|Mold Temperature at Cooling End||●|
|Displacement Due to Residual Stress||●|
Key features include everything in Standard and Professional version with the following additions:
- Cooling Lines
- Baffles and Bubblers
- Conformal Cooling Channels
- Runner Domain Category
- Sink Mark Profiles
- Mold Temperature at Cooling End
- Displacement Due to Residual Stress