SOLIDWORKS Composer software can help you create technical documentation parallel with product development. Produce 3D interactive animations, 2D line art graphics (SVG, EPS, CGM), high-resolution raster images (BMP, JPG, PNG, TIFF). Customer and company stakeholders can get a clear understanding of your product information earlier in the design process, lowering costs and speeding time-to-market.
Request a Quote
No more waiting for physical prototypes to create stunning illustrations, photorealistic images, interactive animations and high-quality assembly instructions. With SOLIDWORKS Composer, you can explain how your product works, how it’s assembled and how to service it – even to external, non-technical stakeholders. Import design data to create bills of materials (BOMs), add dimensions, place surface finish labels and retain critical design information, such as part numbers, rather than re-entering it manually and you can automatically update your design with last-minute design change.
SOLIDWORKS Composer uses 2D and 3D CAD data to produce a wide range of technical communication documents. Create associative deliverables from the beginning of product development that synchronize automatically so they are finished simultaneously with your product. SOLIDWORKS Composer graphical content supports a wide range of technical communication applications for manufacturing, sales, marketing, service, and training—all of which are associated with your CAD data. Publish clear, detailed 2D and 3D instructions to accurately show complex operations for your Assembly Floor.
Create 2D / 3D Graphics
With the intuitive SOLIDWORKS Composer interface, you can create highly detailed 2D and 3D graphics with precise control to highlight areas of interest and focus on specific components.
Create 3D Interactive Animations
Easily output 3D interactive animations to create a realistic 3D environment for interactive training or compelling marketing presentations.
Synchronize technical communication
Because SOLIDWORKS Composer is associative, you can automatically update any changes you make to the CAD models in your technical communication deliverables. For the first time, you can get products to market faster with the assurance that your documentation is both high-quality and accurate.
SOLIDWORKS Composer pictures and animations are particularly valuable in simplifying assembly instructions and work orders. You can directly show 3D views of how your product is assembled or repaired, reducing errors on the shop floor, eliminating language barriers, and significantly minimizing localization costs.
- Create clear technical communications and intuitive 3D visuals that are easy to understand
- Use interactive animations and 3D-configurable communication to create a richer product experience
- Show product assembly, repair, or operation using graphical 3D communication even before the product is manufactured
- Optimized Workflows
- Create realistic product images and detailed product breakouts without needing photography or a physical prototype
- Link and automatically update technical communications using the CAD model as designs change
- Start documentation earlier in the design process working directly from the 3D CAD data
- Complete documentation faster and at lower cost to get products to market faster