Mastercam Port Expert facilitates toolpath generation for CNC cylinder head porting. It is a fast and easy-to-use software for creating multiaxis toolpaths within cylinder head ports, complex tubes, or deep pockets. This software creates accurate, efficient porting motion on surface patches or solid body data. It minimizes unnecessary motion at the machine, which results in a highly efficient toolpath with superior finish quality.
- Toolpath motion can be limited to either end of a port or allowed inside both ends of a port, meeting in the middle.
- When cutting from both ends of a port, there is an integrated link move between the cuts, as well a seamless transition where the two cuts meet.
- Port Expert creates finishing motion that runs parallel to, or perpendicular to the flow direction.
- Port Expert works seamlessly with Mastercam Mill 3D, Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS and Mill 3D and Mastercam Router 3D.
Simply define the port shape and any geometry to avoid, then configure your tool and machining parameters. Port Expert does the rest!
Port Expert checks for collisions between the tool and workpiece. It automatically tilts the tool to eliminate collisions while keeping tool motion as efficient as possible.
Port Expert will create the same efficient tool motion using one smooth single drive surface or with hundreds of reverse-engineered drive surfaces stitched together.
Regardless of the user’s choice of a 4-axis or 5-axis machine, Port Expert will minimize wasted machine movement by remaining in 3-axis mode for as long as possible.
Specialized Multiaxis Programming for Port Work
Mastercam Port Expert creates accurate porting toolpaths on surface or solid data. It minimizes unnecessary motion at the machine, resulting in a highly efficient toolpath with superior finish quality. It can also be used for any tube-type work that is similar in design to a port. Port Expert uses a tapered lollipop tool, with collision checks for the entire tool (shank, arbor, and holder).
Mastercam Port Expert has been shop-tested more than any CAM program in the world. You can count on Mastercam for real-world, proven results.
Mastercam Port Expert cuts programming time, reduces machining motion and the wear and tear on tools.
- Port Expert offers roughing and final toolpaths for making ports from billets or castings.
- Geometry can be created from multiple surfaces that have been stitched together.
- Calculates optimal tilt angles automatically, so you don’t need to divide the surface or create tool-axis control splines.
- Mastercam Simulator continues step-by-step through each toolpath, showing even the transition motion at the port’s middle.
- Creates 5-axis code that is compatible with any CNC machine.
- Makes it easier to program complex port shapes.
- Significantly reduces programming time.