Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS
Are you looking to quickly scan real world objects into SOLIDWORKS CAD models? Meet 3D Systems Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS software, the most complete integrated Scan-to-SOLIDWORKS software solution with the capability to quickly and easily create accurate sketches, surfaces or feature-based editable solid parts inside SOLIDWORKS. This software supports various 3D scanners, as well as the import of standard point and polygon file formats.
Item is not available for online purchase in all regions.
Enter your zipcode to check for availability.
Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS software imports the scanned data, or directly scans it into SOLIDWORKS and converts it into a solid model in a matter of minutes. The most updated version of the software takes advantage of the reverse engineering process to provide the most efficient tools. The Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS add-in includes new advanced features that easily combine the SOLIDWORKS engineering environment with the Geomagic scan processing software to deliver scan-based design promptly.
Using Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS, customers have reported:
- 25% more accurate parts than using SOLIDWORKS alone for simple mechanical parts
- 30% reduction in cycle time from initial 3D scanning to final SOLIDWORKS CAD file
- 40% faster total reverse engineering workflow time for complex, organic mechanical parts (e.g., impeller parts)
- 15-40% faster total reverse engineering workflow time than general CAD on mechanical parts
- 40-50% faster total reverse engineering workflow time than general CAD on organic parts
What Can You Do with Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS?
Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS acts as a bridge between physical parts and your CAD-to-SOLIDWORKS environment. It enables rapid design and engineering, with a streamlined path to production. Increase the productivity of your design work and jumpstart your creativity by using reference data captured from the real world. Transport physical objects into SOLIDWORKS and design around existing parts for a perfect fit.
Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS delivers the ability to seamlessly 3D scan directly into SOLIDWORKS and create solid models using integrated, industry-proven toolsets for accurate design outcomes.
Use Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS with Geomagic Control X™ inspection and metrology software and Geomagic Wrap® 3D scanning software for a complete, scan-based design and inspection package.
- Transform physical parts into CAD data for new product design to create products that would be impossible without reverse engineering, like:
- Lost or non-existent CAD data for broken tools and molds
- New components that perfectly fit with existing components
- Customize parts that require a perfect fit with the human body
- Compare CAD objects with scan objects quickly and easily
- Capture and process color 3D scans in SOLIDWORKS with 3D scanning devices that support the capture of color information
- Scan virtually anything to create manufacturing-ready designs and solid parts
|Direct Scanner Integration with Geomagic
Capture and Other Popular 3D Scanners
Scan or Probe features and sketches directly inside SOLIDWORKS.
|Point Cloud Processing||Fast, automated processing|
|Polygonal Surface Creation||Mesh construction from point cloud or merging of multiple meshes|
|Polygon Processing Tools||
|Powerful Alignment Tools||
|Automatic Surfacing||Automatic conversion of both organic and geometric objects to CAD solid|
|Mesh Cross Sectioning||Automatic curve and sketch creations|
|Intuitive Smart Selection Tools from Mesh||
|Intuitive Smart Selection Tools
for Selecting Polygon Groups
|Region Grouping Tools
for Detailed Mesh Segmentation
|Pre-processing step for intelligent feature extraction|
|3D Comparison with Deviation Analysis||Compare any time between mesh object and CAD object|
- Direct scanner integration with Geomagic Capture and other popular 3D scanners
- Point cloud processing: fast automated processing
- Polygonal surface creation: mesh construction from point cloud or merging of multiple meshes
- Automatic surfacing: automatic conversion of both organic and geometric objects to CAD solid
- Region grouping tools for detailed mesh segmentation: pre-processing step for intelligent feature extraction
- Supported hardware includes: 3D Systems Capture, Artec Handheld Scanners (via Artec Studio), Creaform Handheld Scanners, Faro Scan Arms and Cobalt Array Imager, Hexagon Scan Arms, Nikon Scan Arms, Vialux 3D Scanners