3DEXPERIENCE Structural Mechanics Engineer Role
Extend SOLIDWORKS Simulation with a tightly integrated, cloud-based solution and solve complex linear and non-linear problems. Built on the cloud-based Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, Structural Mechanics Engineer can run simulations on both local machines or the cloud.
Request a Quote
Structural Mechanics Engineer on the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE® platform enables you to conduct structural linear and non-linear static, low and high-speed dynamic and thermal simulation of product behavior. Its material calibration capabilities help ensure accurate material behavior modeling. The platform lets your engineering teams collaborate in real-time and securely share simulation results from anywhere and on any device.
Combined with SOLIDWORKS Simulation, Structural Mechanics Engineer delivers a unique, easy and integrated workflow to solve more advanced problems while allowing customers to reuse their SOLIDWORKS geometry, loads, restraints and materials. You can run simulations on both your local machine or in the cloud. Leverage the growing suite of apps available on the platform aiming to help you with all facets of creating innovative, successful products.
Provide a Robust Engineering Workflow Fully Associative with SOLIDWORKS® 3D CAD
- Connecting SOLIDWORKS® 3D CAD to the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE platform enables your team to save and manage your SOLIDWORKS geometry on the platform directly from SOLIDWORKS and share it through a browser.
- Once on the platform, you can easily test SOLIDWORKS geometries with Structural Mechanics Engineer relying on full simulation associativity for best-in-class designs simulation workflows.
- Enable traceable revisions of what-if scenarios for efficient engineering workflows.
Solve Complex Engineering Problems
- Enable your engineering team to conduct a large variety of analysis procedures (linear and nonlinear static, nonlinear implicit and explicit dynamic, frequency, thermal, and more) to ensure validation accuracy and robustness.
- Use implicit and explicit methods to cover a very wide range of structural simulation applications such as drop tests, impacts, crash, snap fits, gasket compression and pre-loaded bolted assemblies.
- Efficiently handle large displacements, large rotations and large strain, improving simulation accuracy. Simulate multiple and sequential load cases to represent exactly the real loading conditions.
Offer a Productive Meshing and Modeling Environment
- Use reliable contact detection capability to ensure accurate interactions prediction even on large models.
- Enable users to simulate any type of geometry with reliable meshing tools (beam, shell, or solid including tetrahedron and brick elements) and improve pre-processing efficiency.
- Use the large material models library to define the right behavior (including non-linear behavior such as hyper-elasticity or plasticity) and ensure simulation fidelity.
- Standardize and democratize your simulation workflows enabling experts to easily customize the user interface and guide non-experts or first-time users through the simulation workflow.
Assess structural integrity of products with powerful FEA simulation
- Enable high-performance results visualization, particularly for very large models including realistic rendering
- Facilitate collaborative decision making across the organization using online dashboards to review, compare, and perform tradeoffs between design alternatives
- Run simulation computations on multiple cores either on a local computer or remotely on the cloud* to free up local machines for other work * Might require additional roles.
- Securely view, share, annotate, discuss and manage designs and simulation data from anywhere, at any time and on any device with a web browser
- Collaborate with all internal and external team members through cloud-based dashboards, messaging, activity streams, communities and drag-and-drop task management