The “drawingless” drawing is here. SOLIDWORKS MBD is a drawingless manufacturing solution that helps users create Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) compliant with industry standards (i.e. ASME Y14.41, Military-Standard-31000A and ISO 16792). With SOLIDWORKS MBD, you don’t have to leave the 3D design space to make 2D drawings. MBD integrates with SOLIDWORKS, speeding cycle time, cutting quoting time and reducing errors. All 3D PMI and Views are also available for 2D use. Users can also toggle annotations on and off for clean 3D presentations with a variety of views.
SOLIDWORKS MBD helps you to:
- Define PMI directly in 3D
- Organize data into clean and structured 3D presentations
- Customize 3D output templates
- Publish 3D output and other widely accepted file formats (i.e. eDrawings and 3D PDF)
- Comply with industry standards and file formats
- Share and archive intuitive 3D data
SOLIDWORKS MBD (Model Based Definition) is an integrated drawingless manufacturing solution for SOLIDWORKS. SOLIDWORKS MBD guides the manufacturing process directly in 3D instead of using traditional 2D drawings, which helps streamline production, cut cycle time, reduce errors, and support industry standards.
- Define 3D Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) such as dimensions, tolerances, model data, surface finish, weld symbols, Bill-of-Materials (BOM), tables, notes, and other annotations.
- Organize 3D PMI along with the 3D models in a clean, structured, and easy-to-search fashion.
- Customize 3D output templates for multiple deliverables [such as engineering drawings and request for quote (RFQ)], and departments [such as Operations, Manufacturing, QA, and Procurement].
- Publish 3D data and PMI in industry standard file formats, such as 3D PDF and eDrawings®.
- Support industry standards, such as Military-Standard-31000A, ASME Y14.41, ISO 16792, and DIN ISO 16792.
- Share and archive 3D data directly to free time for you and your suppliers for re-modeling based on 2D drawings