What if you could reduce the time-consuming product inspection process by up to 90 percent, eliminate errors and improve quality? SOLIDWORKS Inspection is a First Article Inspection (FAI) and in-process inspection software that uses existing data to create industry-standard reports and inspection documents (i.e. AS9102, PPAP, etc.). SOLIDWORKS Inspection automates ballooned drawings and reports, leveraging 2D legacy data, PDF, XLS or TIFF files. Measured inspection values can be entered directly, either manually or automatically, using a digital measuring instrument (such as a USB caliper). Don’t have SOLIDWORKS CAD? You can still create inspection documents regardless of your existing CAD system using either the standalone SOLIDWORKS Inspection application or the integrated SOLIDWORKS Inspection add-in.
SOLIDWORKS Inspection allows you to:
- Stop creating ballooned drawings by hand
- Automate your quality control processes
- Prevent transcription errors from manual data entry
- Monitor for revisions to prevent your inspection staff from redoing their work
- Use optical character recognition (OCR) technology to read hundreds of hand-written characteristics, dimensions, tolerances and notes
- Reduce time-to-market, adhere to safety regulations and save money
SOLIDWORKS Inspection helps you streamline the creation of inspection documents by leveraging your existing 2D legacy data, regardless of whether files are SOLIDWORKS, PDFs, or TIFFs.
- Quickly create ballooned engineering drawings and inspection reports with stand-alone SOLIDWORKS Inspection or the SOLIDWORKS Inspection add-in
- Automatically add balloon callouts with Inspection Dimensions specified by the designer or mechanical engineer
- Compare drawing revisions and originals to quickly identify changes
- Record inspection measurements and import CMM results
- Export finished ballooned drawings as a PDF and inspection sheets to Microsoft® Excel® spreadsheets using standard templates such as AS9102 or PPAP forms