Becoming a Master of Gravity: Center of Mass, Tipping and Lifting
When designing an object, there are a lot of factors to consider. For example, have you ever wondered how your assembly will react during transportation? An unbalanced assembly may tip or rock if loaded incorrectly or lifted by a single point, resulting in disaster. Luckily, it seems that SOLIDWORKS has thought of everything.
About This On-Demand Webinar
In our webinar, TriMech Application Engineer, Michael Souders, explores tools in SOLIDWORKS that allow you to determine the precise location of the center of mass for both parts and assemblies. He demonstrates an application of these tools by looking at lifting an equipment skid with a crane, where tipping needs to be minimized. Using SOLIDWORKS Motion Analysis and SOLIDWORKS Simulation, he determines the strength of the skid and analyze the forces at the lifting points.
In this webinar, Michael covers how to:
- Achieve balance in designs by finding the center of mass
- Understand how assembly modifications influence the center of mass
- Utilize beam elements to analyze welded structures
- Use SOLIDWORKS Simulation to determine stress and displacement
- Use SOLIDWORKS Motion to determine the effects of gravity
Interested in learning more? Check out our article, SOLIDWORKS Simulation: Exploring the Hyatt Regency Walkway Collapse.