The Modern Slavery Act 2015 (“the Act”) obliges businesses within the United Kingdom with a turnover of £36m or more to identify the steps it has taken to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in any of its supply chains, or in any part of its business.
The Act aims to eliminate:
- Slavery and Servitude which arises where one person deprives another person of their freedom, or coerces another person to provide services
- Forced or Compulsory Labour which arises where one person extracts work or service from another person under coercion or threats of a penalty
- Human Trafficking which arises where one person arranges or facilitates the travel of another person with a view to that person being exploited
Solid Solutions – A TriMech Company, is committed to verifying the absence of forced labour, slavery and human trafficking in our supply chain.
This statement sets out the measures we have in place, and the actions we have taken to support our commitment.
Organizational Structure and Supply chains
SSM Operates across the UK and Ireland and currently has approximately 245 colleagues across 16 sites.
In 2018 the company expanded to co-create a sister company: Solid Print3D Ltd, providing 3D printers and services.
We have engaged with the suppliers to SolidPrint3D to verify the absence of forced labour, slavery and human trafficking.
Within our supply chain we operate predominantly with two suppliers and have provided the associated statements on ethics, compliance, slavery and human trafficking here :
- SOLIDWORKS, part of Dassault Systèmes, a supplier of software developed in the US Dassault Systemes Ethics and Compliance information 2.1.5 Business ethics, social dialogue and personal safety Dassault Systèmes requests that its suppliers and partners comply with the provisions of the basic conventions of the International Labor Organization, in particular the principles of eradicating child labor by banning the employment of school-aged children (and in any event under 15 years of age), eliminating forced labor and other forms of modern slavery, ensuring working conditions sufficient to provide for employee health and safety, respecting applicable minimum legal or regulatory levels of pay, freedom to unionize and the protection of labor union rights, and the freedom to collectively negotiate labor contracts. The Company also asks them to commit to ban all forms of discrimination (with respect to recruitment, professional development and the end of labor relations), to fight against corruption, and to respect applicable law on the protection of the environment. https://www.3ds.com/about-3ds/ethics-and-compliance/
- Dell, a supplier of computer hardware Dell Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy Statement
Educating our colleagues
Within the Solid Solutions – A TriMech Company UK organization, our Employee Handbook contains commitments to operating to the highest standards of ethics, professionalism and business conduct as well as ensuring that we act in strict compliance with the law at all times. The Company promotes a working environment which encourages all members of our team to express their concerns about behaviour or decisions that they perceive to be unethical without fear of reprisal or victimization.
In 2022 we commit to train all of our colleagues to spot the signs of modern slavery, this training will also form part of our new colleague induction.