Mastercam Mill 2D Training Course Overview
We start by covering the interface and discussing the overall workflow to the student. We then cover the various steps involved in programming in Mastercam, from setting up your CAM program, to design fundamentals, machine selection, basic and advanced 2D toolpath programming, and toolpath simulation and posting.
The 2D Mill course lays the groundwork for designing and programming milling toolpaths in Mastercam. You will learn how to import and construct geometry, develop workholding fixtures, manipulate meshes, and use all 2D milling toolpaths successfully.
Mastercam Mill 2D Requirements & Benefits
Understand the course requirements and the skills you will acquire after completing the course
Mastercam Mill 2D Lessons
The following lessons are included in the course
- Overview of Mastercam interface
- Overview of Design Functions
- Creation and Editing of 2D wireframe geometry
- Creation of “Prismatic Solids for 2D
- Machining and Feature Bases Machining
- 2D Solidmodel Toolpath projects
- Face, Contour, Pocket, and Drilling Toolpath options
- Introduction to Mastercam 2D High Speed Toolpaths including Peel Mill and Dynamic Milling options
- Overview of Mastercam’s Feature Based Machining options
- Applying Mastercam 2D toolpaths to Solid Geometry
- Setting Operation defaults
Choose the training method right for you
Receive training as a group (limited amount per class) from certified instructors using vendor approved training content and methodologies.
Training is delivered either live online or in a traditional classroom environment.
- Cost effective training method.
- More effective than video based training, with videos learners are often not as focused on the training and skip exercises.
- Learn more through group questions and feedback.
This style of flexible training is perfect for teams or individuals who are faced with a specific challenge and require personalized courses with on-the-job coaching.
Training is available live online, in-person classroom or onsite at your location.
- Use our state-of-the-art mobile classroom at your facility.
- Bring your team up to a consistent level of knowledge by having them take the same training at the same time.
- Benefit from flexible scheduling options.
Upcoming Training Courses
Choose a scheduled Mastercam Mill 2D course