DELMIAWorks Material Resource Planning (MRP) Overview
The cohesive structure of the DELMIAWorks manufacturing solution fully incorporates MRP and ERP in a single solution that enables the material requirements system to span activities throughout the entire supply chain to quickly and accurately match availability with demand. The MRP system takes into account all aspects of the manufacturing process.
The Material Resource Planning System within the DELMIAWorks (formerly IQMS) Manufacturing Software accurately and effectively manages all resources and requirements necessary to meet your manufacturing demand and maintain lean inventory levels.
- The DELMIAWorks MRP system manages requirements for manufactured items and sub-assembly processes internally.
- Also manages requirements planning for production at alternate locations and through third-party vendors as well.
Learn about DELMIAWorks Material Resource Planning (MRP)
DELMIAWorks Material Resource Planning (MRP) Features
Organize your manufacturing
- Material Requirements Planning - Time phased planning window for both purchasing and production. Evaluates material availability based on the required manufacturing date taking into consideration current demand and material lead times. Advanced planning capabilities include
- Automated Raw Material Ordering
- Hard and Soft Allocation
- Ideal vs. Existing Analysis
- Min/Max Planning
- Labor Capacity Planning - Measure standard labor hours against the required hours to meet your schedule by week, day or shift, based on work orders and labor schedule.
- Calculate available labor by category and qualifications
- Schedule operators by skill level
- Auxiliary Equipment Planning - Checks for availability and evaluates conflicts of auxiliary equipment linked to the bill of material.
- Machine and Work Center Capacity Planning - Evaluates machine availability with variables that affect the capacity such as maintenance, setup, etc. If the job cannot be run within the requested time frame due to capacity limits, the system determines the first available time and date the work center can have the requested number of items completed. View availability by type or individual machine, by day, week or month.
- Rough Cut Capacity Planning - Compares available work center time based on the shop calendar versus required hours for each machine type.
An end-to-end ERP System developed with a “shop floor first” focus to help mid-market manufacturers increase efficiency and visibility of performance on the plant floor
Whether you use a build-to-order or build-to-stock supply chain model, DELMIAWorks systematically streamlines manufacturing across process, discrete, and repetitive manufacturing environments. DELMIAWorks specializes in providing a comprehensive ERP solution for mid-market manufacturers to stay lean, agile, competitive, and compliant. The DELMIAWorks system is a scalable solution that can expand and grow with you, regardless of your company size.
- A startup or small manufacturing company looking to transition from QuickBooks and spreadsheets,
- A mid-size manufacturer looking to increase the visibility of operations across multiple locations,
- A subsidiary of a large organization looking for a standalone MES solution to support digital manufacturing initiatives
The DELMIAWorks Manufacturing ERP solution provides a proven, single technology platform that delivers end-to-end visibility of the complete manufacturing process. The real-time visibility of events occurring throughout the manufacturing process allows customers to eliminate waste and non-value added processes, and improve manufacturing efficiency, including:
- 60% increase in growth without additional labor resources
- 100% on-time delivery
- 66% reduction in scrap
- Zero shipping errors
- 70% reduction in maintenance costs
- Reducing repair time by 75%
- Increased plant efficiency from 70% to 98%
Interested in DELMIAWorks Material Resource Planning (MRP)?
Contact us and get your questions answered today
DELMIAWorks Related Content
DELMIAWorks (formally IQMS) helps manufacturing companies manage their manufacturing operations from the first client interaction to the shipping dock.
Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) is gaining popularity as the best resource to view data at the machine, assembly line and plant level so manufacturers can check for opportunities to create higher quality products at a lower cost.
3DEXPERIENCE Works provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.