DELMIAWorks Manufacturing and Tooling Project Management Overview
Thanks to DELMIAWorks® Project Manager, project administration and tracking of capital equipment projects, such as tooling, has become considerably easier. Project Manager offers comprehensive support for all stages of a project — from initiation, planning and quoting to project execution and completion.
Creating a task structure, assigning responsibilities, scheduling resources, defining deliverables and reporting progress involves a complex web of tasks and a myriad of challenges that are simplified with DELMIAworks Project Manager. Project Manager also gives you the tools to quickly analyze costs and prevent projects from getting out of control.
DELMIAworks Project Manager is embedded in the ERP system and has links to Quoting, Inventory, Purchasing, Time & Attendance, Preventative Maintenance (PM), Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and to the financial system (AR/AP), tying all areas of a project together in a concise way. This allows analysis of the profitability of tooling and other machinery during the lifetime of that equipment.
- Track projects easily with one comprehensive tool (i.e. tooling)
- Easily analyze both internal and outsourced projects
- Save time and reduce errors by cloning existing projects
- Track projects from quote creation through work order completion
- Receive up-to-date financial status on all projects
- Track actual costs versus budget
- Provide direct links to labor reporting, inventory, PM, PLM, accounting and purchasing
- Support multi-level tasking with financial roll up for task-by-task detail tracking
- View the project schedule in Gantt charts
Learn about DELMIAWorks Manufacturing and Tooling Project Management
DELMIAWorks Manufacturing and Tooling Project Management Features
Greater Visibility and Control of Project Costs
The DELMIAWorks Project Manager module is embedded in the DELMIAWorks ERP Software and Manufacturing software with links to Quoting, Inventory, Purchasing, Time & Attendance, Preventative Maintenance (PM), Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and the financial system, tying all areas of a project together in a concise way.
- Consume Inventory - Embedded links with the DELMIAWorks Inventory Software module can be assigned to projects and consumed from inventory as the project progresses.
- Project Cost Activity - Quickly analyze costs and profitability of tooling and other equipment with up-to-date financial activity against a project including standard vs. actual costs, projected and actual profit margin, AP/AR, and labor usage with drill down capability for details.
- Cost Analyses - Link to Preventative Maintenance provides complete project lifecycle cost analysis.
- Reporting - Concise reporting lists all project tasks, their statuses and costs on a single screen. Gantt charts allow for quick views of a project's completion status.
- Project Cloning - Project cloning of existing projects saves time and reduces errors when setting up like projects.
The DELMIAWorks (formerly IQMS) Project Manager module simplifies the complex web of tasks and challenges associated with project administration and tracking capital equipment projects such as tooling. DELMIAWorks Project Manager offers comprehensive support for all stages of a project from initiation, planning and quoting, to project exception and completion.
- Track any Type of Project - User defined tasks and project templates allow for detail project tracking for any type of capital project from quote creation through work order completion.
- Project History - Project archives allow for a complete historical record of the project to be maintained.
- Assign Labor - Links with the Time and Attendance module allow you to select the most efficient method of assigning and reporting labor to each task, ensuring all labor is accounted for.
- Multi-Level Tasking - Supports multi-level task assignments with financial roll up for detail tracking.
An end-to-end ERP System developed with a “shop floor first” focus to help mid-market manufacturers increase efficiency and visibility of performance on the plant floor
Whether you use a build-to-order or build-to-stock supply chain model, DELMIAWorks systematically streamlines manufacturing across process, discrete, and repetitive manufacturing environments. DELMIAWorks specializes in providing a comprehensive ERP solution for mid-market manufacturers to stay lean, agile, competitive, and compliant. The DELMIAWorks system is a scalable solution that can expand and grow with you, regardless of your company size.
- A startup or small manufacturing company looking to transition from QuickBooks and spreadsheets,
- A mid-size manufacturer looking to increase the visibility of operations across multiple locations,
- A subsidiary of a large organization looking for a standalone MES solution to support digital manufacturing initiatives
The DELMIAWorks Manufacturing ERP solution provides a proven, single technology platform that delivers end-to-end visibility of the complete manufacturing process. The real-time visibility of events occurring throughout the manufacturing process allows customers to eliminate waste and non-value added processes, and improve manufacturing efficiency, including:
- 60% increase in growth without additional labor resources
- 100% on-time delivery
- 66% reduction in scrap
- Zero shipping errors
- 70% reduction in maintenance costs
- Reducing repair time by 75%
- Increased plant efficiency from 70% to 98%
Interested in DELMIAWorks Manufacturing and Tooling Project Management?
Contact us and get your questions answered today
DELMIAWorks Related Content
DELMIAWorks (formally IQMS) helps manufacturing companies manage their manufacturing operations from the first client interaction to the shipping dock.
3DEXPERIENCE Works provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.