Collaborative Designer for SOLIDWORKS
3DEXPERIENCE Collaborative Designer for SOLIDWORKS® connects SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD to the 3DEXPERIENCE® platform for data management and collaboration between users
Collaborative Designer for SOLIDWORKS Role Overview
Accelerate product development by enabling real-time collaboration on product designs and leverage the expertise of your entire business ecosystem.
Connect SOLIDWORKS Desktop to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
Collaborative Designer for SOLIDWORKS® connects SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD to the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE® platform so you can securely save your SOLIDWORKS design data to the cloud and access it from anywhere with a browser. All 3DEXPERIENCE solutions for design, simulation, manufacturing, and governance can leverage your data once it’s on the platform.
Collaborative Designer for SOLIDWORKS Capabilities
Flexible design workflows and real-time collaboration
Save on the Cloud
Save your CAD data on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform and make it available to all solutions on the platform.
Review tasks and data
Review tasks and open design data on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform without leaving SOLIDWORKS.
Share your SOLIDWORKS data
Enable stakeholders to use your design data along with all available business data in the cloud while you continue to work in SOLIDWORKS.
Collaborate on any device
Share your SOLIDWORKS designs within your business ecosystem from any device, at any time.
Perform Lifecycle Operations
Search, explore, and select relevant design contexts from a web browser, and perform lifecycle operations including revise, release and lock/unlock.
Manage on the Cloud
View, share, annotate, discuss and manage designs from anywhere, at any time and on any device with a web browser.
Visualize 3D components instantly from any web-enabled device. Navigate tabular and 3D design data simultaneously and easily validate the differences between two product structures.
Securely Manage & Revise
Securely manage your data and all facets of your product development process on the platform. Control revisions with specialized tools.
Work in your browser
Work entirely in a web browser, giving you the freedom to design anytime, anywhere, with no need for installation.
Collaborative Designer for SOLIDWORKS Features
Collaborative Designer for SOLIDWORKS is fully on the cloud—all you need to start designing is an internet connection.
Save your SOLIDWORKS files to 3DEXPERIENCE
From your SOLIDWORKS environment you can easily save your parts, assemblies and drawings to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, enabling you to:
- Easily manage, organize, and share 3D models across the enterprise
- Find, visualize and select 3D content to load into SOLIDWORKS directly from a web browser or from SOLIDWORKS desktop
- Effectively collaborate by sharing designs with all of the stakeholders and non-CAD users at every stage of the design process
- Access the information and provide feedback, anytime, from any location on any connected device
Browser-based Data Management
Access the power of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform where you can manage 3D models and product lifecycles through your browser or SOLIDWORKS environment and:
- Perform lifecycle operations, work on change actions, leverage collaborative tasks, and organize using bookmarks
- Manage multi-CAD and multidisciplinary data from early stage to the final validation all the way to production
- Search, explore, select relevant design contexts, and perform lifecycle operations including revise, release, and lock/unlock
- Manage your data without disrupting your design workflow
Work in SOLIDWORKS Desktop
With Collaborative Designer for SOLIDWORKS, you can continue to work in SOLIDWORKS and access the capabilities of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, where you can:
- Search, access, explore, organize and manage your design data directly from SOLIDWORKS
- Visualize and explore multi-CAD product structures, and navigate product structures to see designs and related changes
- Create web-based 3D digital mockups and conduct design reviews
- Use data in other 3DEXPERIENCE Works roles and for downstream applications, such as for simulation, manufacturing, etc.
Connect to SOLIDWORKS Desktop
Connect your traditional desktop experience with SOLIDWORKS to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
- Integrated directly into SOLIDWORKS, the 3DEXPERIENCE Desktop Add-in allows you to access all of your information from the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform right from within SOLIDWORKS.
- This workflow allows you to combine the power of SOLIDWORKS to quickly create and edit your engineering designs, with the collaborative features of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
3DEXPERIENCE Works provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.