In the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, access to different tools is granted by assigning Roles to individual users. As an administrator, when you log in to your 3DEXPERIENCE Platform for the first time, you will need to grant Roles to yourself and other users on the Platform. To access your license of SOLIDWORKS Connected, you will need to grant yourself the 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS Role. Keep reading to learn how.
Navigating to Members Control Center
When logging into your 3DEXPERIENCE Platform for the first time, you are automatically granted a Role called “Collaborative Business Innovator”. This Role contains apps like 3DSpace, 3DSwym, and 3DPlay, and is required for every user on the Platform. Beyond “Collaborative Business Innovator”, you may have purchased additional Roles, like 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS which includes SOLIDWORKS Connected. You will need to navigate to the Members Control Center to unlock additional Roles and tools. Follow these steps to find the Members Control Center:
- Navigate to your Dashboards using the icon with three lines in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Click on Members Management. (Note: This dashboard is only available for Administrators)
- Click the Members Tab near the top of the screen.
- You have now reached the Member Control Center where you can manage existing members and invite new ones.
Assign Roles to a User
Inside the Members Control Center, Roles can be assigned to existing members. To grant a user access to a Role, follow these steps.
- Click on the i symbol next to the name of the user you want to modify.
- Select View All to see all available Roles.
- From here, check the boxes for the Roles you wish to grant this user.
Different Method: Assign User to a Role
Another way to connect a user with a Role is to navigate to the Role from the Member Control Center and select which users should have access. Here, below each Role title, you can also see how many licenses of the Role are currently being used.
- From the Member Control Center, click on the i symbol next to the Role you want to manage.
- Select View All to see all users.
- Check the box for the user you want to grant this Role to.
Viewing your assigned Roles
If you want to quickly check which Roles you have access to, you can see them by clicking on the blue Compass icon in the upper left corner at any time. This will open a pane on the left side of the screen showing “My Roles” and “My Apps”.