In no particular order, view the top 10 features included in SOLIDWORKS 2023.
SOLIDWORKS 2023 PARTS & FEATURES:
- Allowance of Library Feature Errors
- When you insert a library feature into a model and get error messages, you can keep the results to view and manually repair the errors.
- In the warning message, click Yes to keep the results. In the FeatureManager® design tree, you can manually repair the library feature or click Undo to remove it.
- If you click No in the warning message, in the Library Feature PropertyManager, you can modify the selections or click to restore the FeatureManager design tree without the library feature.
- Previously, the warning message blocked you from inserting library features that generated errors.
- Coordinate Systems
- You can reference coordinate system elements from additional entities, features, and commands, including the select other command.
- Dimension Support for the Move/Copy Body Command
- When you use the Move/Copy Body command, you can control the Translate and Rotate values with equations. You can add these equations to a design table and control them there. You can double-click the dimensions in the graphics area and specify them using the Modify dialog box.
- Under Rotate, you can select Euler’s angular rotation and specify values for Yaw (side-to-side), Pitch (up-down), and Roll (twist). This method delivers the same resulting rotation regardless of the order in which you specify these values.
- If models have configurations, you can specify the configurations to which the dimensions apply for Translate and for Rotate when you select Euler method of angular dimensions.
- Hybrid Mesh BREP Modeling Improvements
- Hybrid mesh BREP modeling is improved to support more SOLIDWORKS® BREP features that you can combine with mesh BREP geometry.
- Hybrid mesh BREP modeling now supports features such as boss and cut sweeps, lofts, and boundaries. For a complete list of supported features, see SOLIDWORKS Online Help: List of Features Supporting Hybrid BREP Bodies.
- Section View through Axis
- You can define a section view through an axis without constraining it to a secondary point, such as a vertex. Previously, a secondary selection was mandatory. When you click Plane about axis , you can click Reverse Section Direction to flip the section view across the created plane.
- Single-Line Fonts for Wrap Features
- You can create wrap features from sketches that use single-line fonts when you select Scribe for Wrap Type in the Wrap PropertyManager. Previously, wrap features did not support single-line fonts.
- Single-line fonts are also called stick fonts. This functionality is particularly helpful for users who want to engrave stick fonts on parts.
SOLIDWORKS 2023 ASSEMBLIES:
- Repairing a Missing Mate Reference
- You can now repair missing mate reference for references to faces, edges, planes, axes and points in SOLIDWORKS 2023.
- Previewing a Replacement Component
- You can preview a replacement component in the replace property manager. You can specify the scope of the replacement.
SOLIDWORKS 2023 DRAWINGS:
- Displaying Transparent Models
- You can display transparent models in drawings with Hidden lines Removed (HLR) and Hidden Lines Visible (HLV) modes.
- Filtering Bill of Materials Columns
- Filtering a bill of materials (BOM) lets you focus on what you need to see.