SOLIDWORKS Education Edition is the perfect solution for preparing students for a career in engineering. With more than 200,000 jobs posted a year seeking employees with SOLIDWORKS experience, investing in their training will not go to waste. There are many questions regarding the Education Edition and what all is included. Let’s dive into those questions as well as the updates to the 2019-2020 version.
Understanding the SOLIDWORKS Education Package
Some of the main questions commonly asked are related to how the student edition compares to the commercial SOLIDWORKS products. The answer? They are the same! SOLIDWORKS Professional and MySOLIDWORKS Student are the exact same. Except, of course, the labeling at the bottom of the software.
The Education Package includes resources for both the student and the educator. These resources range from free certifications to curriculum outlines. Licenses are a 12-month term license and the new versions follow the school calendar which is different from the commercial SOLIDWORKS versions. For example, instead of SOLIDWORKS 2020 edition educators receive the newest version that follows the school year, SOLIDWORKS Education edition 2019-2020.
What is Included:
- Free certification with 60+ student licenses
- 13 SOLIDWORKS products for educators and students to use
- SOLIDWORKS Premium (3D CAD software)
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium (FEA tools)
- SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation (CFD tools)
- SOLIDWORKS Motion (kinematics analysis)
- SOLIDWORKS Plastics Premium (part and mold filling analysis)
- SOLIDWORKS Sustainability (environmental impact tools)
- SOLIDWORKS Electrical Professional (electrical systems design tools)
- SOLIDWORKS CAM Professional (integrate design and manufacturing processes)
- SOLIDWORKS Model Base Definition (define, organize, and publish 3D PMI)
- SOLIDWORKS Composer (technical documentation tools)
- SOLIDWORKS Visualize Professional (develop rich, photo quality content)
- MySolidWorks Professional (your connection to everything SOLIDWORKS)
- SOLIDWORKS Extended Reality (XR) Exporter
- eCourse for students in MySolidWorks
- CSWA exam prep course
- Curriculum guideline/textbook available in PDF or hard copy for
- Fundamentals 3D CAD & SIMULATION
- Fundamentals SOLIDWORKS Electrical
Some of the new features make it easier to access the software and convert files. One new feature is having one serial number for all licenses to use in the classroom and at home. Spending less time trying to access the software means more time designing.
Another new feature is the option to use SOLIDWORKS Extended Reality (XR) Exporter for your designs. This add-in brings your CAD data to life so everyone can engage with their designs virtually. This simplifies the path from CAD to VR/AR/MR and Web.
Watch our video to learn more about Extended Reality (XR) Exporter.
No matter what, investing in your students’ future is the key to providing a better education. With so many jobs seeking employees with SOLIDWORKS knowledge, it is crucial that they get the training while in school to be competitive in the job market. Prepare them today, for tomorrow, with SOLIDWORKS Education Edition 2019-2020.
Ready to get more information on pricing and incorporating 3D printing in the classroom?