Follow the instructions below to setup NetHasp for Mastercam on a workstation or server PC.
NOTE: Virtual servers are not supported when setting up NetHasp for Mastercam
- Plug the NetHasp to the PC, make sure the light turns on. If it does not turn on, download the driver (see link below). When it is installed, the light will be on.
- Download and install license manager as a service.
- Then download the NhaspX utility, this allows you to update your code and read the hasp.
- Open the NhaspX utility and read the hasp in local mode and in Network mode.
If properly set up, you should be able to read in both modes.
- After reading it in network mode click ok and close the utility.
Getting a client PC to read the NetHasp
- On the client PC launch Mastercam. If you get a No sim found error, open the Nethasp utility and try and read it in network mode. If you cannot please see the below steps:
- You may need to use a modified .ini file to point your client PC to the servers IP address.
- Download the following edited .ini file and replace the IP address in it for your Mastercam server PC’s IP address and save it here: C:\Program Files\Mastercam 20XX\Mastercam
Modified .ini file download: