Monitoring your print jobs remotely has gotten easier than ever before with GrabCAD Print. There are some amazing features within the software that can help you plan and check your projects from wherever you are. In this article, we go over some of those features that will help you easily monitor your GrabCAD 3D printing projects remotely.
Accessing GrabCAD Print Remotely
Before we begin, let’s look at the ways in which you can access your GrabCAD account if you don’t have your work computer with you.
Option 1: Use a web browser via Internet connection
Using your browser of choice, follow these steps to login:
- Go to https://grabcad.com/print
- Click on Login, at the top right corner
- Enter your credentials
- Click on Download GrabCAD Print
Option 2: The GrabCAD mobile app
Download the GrabCAD app to your smartphone or tablet by following these steps:
- Download and install the mobile app to your Apple or Android device
- Log in and select the company account associated with GrabCAD Print Server
Option 3: Have Alexa do it
This is how you can set up Alexa to use your GrabCAD account:
- Set up your GrabCAD account on your mobile device by following the steps provided above.
- In the Alexa mobile app, search for GrabCAD Voice for Stratasys 3D Printers and hit Enable to Use.
- You’ll be redirected to the GrabCAD Print sign-in page. Sign in and select the company account associated with GrabCAD Print Server.
- Speaking to your smart speaker, say “Alexa enable GrabCAD“
- The following commands are available in Alexa:
- What is / Give me the status of Printer <printer_name>
- What is / Give me the material status of Printer <printer_name>
- List my printers.
- What is / Give me the job status on Printer <printer_name>
- Pause Printer <printer_name> (Only F123 and J750)
- Cancel current job on printer <printer_name> (Only F123 and J750)
- How many jobs are queued on printer <printer_name>
- Which printers are in the status <printer_status>
How to Remotely Monitor Your 3D Printing Projects
Now that you know the ways in which you can access your GrabCAD Print account remotely, let’s dive into the features that will allow you to set up your printers and check the status of your jobs.
The main feature to leverage is the Schedule View, where you will have visibility to all the connected printers under your network. Some of the available options within this view include:
- Monitoring each one of your printers and their status highlighted in a different color to indicate its status (online, offline, in progress, etc.)
- Accessing ongoing jobs to check the estimated duration of the job, the actual time it took to print once completed and the amount of materials being used for the job.
- Previewing the job as it’s printing to see the printed part and how much material was used to produce it. Additionally, you’ll see how much material is left in the machine after the current job is completed.
- Estimating the completion time of a job
- Scheduling and rearranging future jobs
- Watching a live video feeds on machines like the ones in the F123 series
We hope you find these features useful to successfully monitor your GrabCAD Print projects as you work remotely. Let us know in the comments below how this is working for you.
If you’re interested in learning more about GrabCAD features and updates, check out our related content and explore some of the amazing things you can do with the software.