Administering SOLIDWORKS Manage Training Course Overview
SOLIDWORKS Manage Administrator Training is designed to give you an entry-level understanding of SOLIDWORKS Manage core functionality.
You will learn about the the role of a SOLIDWORKS Manage Administrator, creating backups, restore upgrade, system options, connecting to SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional, document and record objects, fields and field groups, bills of materials, reports and dashboards.
This course is ideal for anyone getting started with SOLIDWORKS Manage, or anyone who needs a refresher on how to get started.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must have an existing SOLIDWORKS Manage environment or are engaged in a SOLIDWORKS Manage system deployment.
"Thanks very much for the great training received this week, you are a true wizard at PDM, we learned a tremendous amount of information and how powerful a tool PDM can be for a company like ours. We look forward to the final steps when we implement this later this month."
— Chris White, Mechanical Designer, Quickmill Inc.
Administering SOLIDWORKS Manage Lessons
The following lessons are included in the course
Lesson 1: System Options
- Planning for SOLIDWORKS Manage
- System Architecture
- SQL Server
- Firewall Ports
- Configuration File
- Case Study: Connecting to SOLIDWORKS Manage
- SOLIDWORKS Manage Client
- Administration Options
- Essential Administrative Options
- Company Details
- Case Study: System Options
- General Options
- Numbering Schemes
- Case Study: Numbering Schemes
- Numbering Scheme Items
- Split AutoNumber
Lesson 2: Connecting to SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional
- Record Object Types
- Requirements for Connecting
- Case Study: Installing the Add-In
- Creating a PDM Object
- Case Study: Connecting to a Vault
- Property Tabs
- Access Rights
Lesson 3: Document and Record Object Types
- Record Object
- Case Study: Record Object
- Non-Revision Controlled
- Case Study: Consumables
- Document Object
- Document Object versus PDM Object
- File Names
- Case Study: Standards
- Local Cache
- File Status
- Server Archives
- File Templates
- Case Study: File Templates
- Template Permissions
Lesson 4: Fields and Field Groups
- Types of Fields
- Case Study: Fields
- Organizing Fields
- Field Groups
- Case Study: Field Groups
- Alternative Method
- Numbering by Field Group
- Case Study: Leveraging Fields and Field Groups
- Sorting Records
- Default Values by Field Group
- Global Variables
- Case Study: Global Variables
- Building Equations
Lesson 5: Bills of Materials
- Bills of Materials
- Case Study: Edit Existing BOM
- BOM Fields
- Creating Bills of Materials
- Case Study: Creating a new BOM
- View Options
- The Type Field
- Importing BOM from Excel
- Formatting Spreadsheet
Lesson 6: Backup, Restore, and Upgrade
- Backing Up
- Backing Up the Root Folder
- Backup Locations
- Locating the Root Folder
- Case Study: Backup
- Backing Up the Database
- Backups and the Transaction Log
- Maintenance Plans
- Other Maintenance Tasks
- Restoring the Environment
- Before Restoring
- Restore Procedure
- Upgrading SOLIDWORKS Manage
- Database Compatibility
- Stand Alone Administration Tool
- Case Study: Current Versions
Lesson 7: Reports
- Using Report Designer
- Adding data sources to reports
- Creating detailed reports
- Filtering report data
- Creating calculated fields
- Creating custom report tables
Lesson 8: Dashboards
- Configuring Dashboards
- Adding data sources to dashboards
- Using Dashboard items
- Designing custom Dashboards
- Customizing Dashboard Appearance
- Using the Dashboard viewer
Choose the training method right for you
Receive training as a group (limited amount per class) from certified instructors using vendor approved training content and methodologies.
Training is delivered either live online or in a traditional classroom environment.
- Cost effective training method.
- More effective than video based training, with videos learners are often not as focused on the training and skip exercises.
- Learn more through group questions and feedback.
This style of flexible training is perfect for teams or individuals who are faced with a specific challenge and require personalized courses with on-the-job coaching.
Training is available live online, in-person classroom or onsite at your location.
- Use our state-of-the-art mobile classroom at your facility.
- Bring your team up to a consistent level of knowledge by having them take the same training at the same time.
- Benefit from flexible scheduling options.
Upcoming Training Courses
Choose a scheduled Administering SOLIDWORKS Manage course
Are you using SOLIDWORKS to its full potential?
Enhance your skills and capabilities with a SOLIDWORKS Training Assessment from TriMech.