SOLIDWORKS/PDM Data Migration Analyst - Nashville, TN
TriMech’s engineering software & hardware offerings including SolidWorks (CAD, FEA, CFD, MBD et al), PDM/PLM Solutions, solidThinking products and Stratasys Printers. As a Solution Engineer you will manage and perform data migrations, of customer critical data, from a multitude of sources into PDM Standard and Professional products. You will implement, troubleshoot, test and design customer specific API projects along with custom tool(s) designed and maintained by TriMech. You will also be supporting our sales efforts through customer meetings and Statement of Work review meetings. Some local travel may be required to visit companies.
- Deliver SOLIDWORKS PDM migrated vault(s) to a customer based on migration criteria defined in a statement of work
- Specializes in understanding the SOLIDWORKS PDM and Data Mgmt. products and provide recommendations for the best solutions at hand to our customers.
- Analyzes customer needs, prepares specifications (SOW), designs modifications, and makes recommendations leading to the most efficient use of SOLIDWORKS PDM and Data Mgmt. solutions.
- Works with the Business Development teams to support pre-sales efforts.
- Conduct meetings to guide clients and sales in needed software and services.
- Conduct Product demonstrations for SOLIDWORKS Data Mgmt. Products.
- Develop and write articles for company newsletter, generate additional technical content including videos, blog posts and white papers.
- Use of enterprise level software, (NetSuite, SW VAR Resource Center) and other TriMech productivity tools.
DESIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience with any PDM software, including but not limited to SolidWorks PDM Standard or PDM Professional, is not required but desirable.
- You will be expected to undertake relevant certifications in Solidworks.
- Strong oral communication skills as well as outstanding interpersonal skills are a must.
- Requires good familiarity with Windows and/or solid modeling software.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team is essential.
- Must be able to work directly with customers in various situations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and long-term projects.
- Clear understanding of computer networking and hardware requirements
- Prior technical support experience in network administration and/or software related field
- Two plus years of Data Mgmt. (PDM Professional admin experience - 2018 or newer)
- Working background in SOLIDWORKS (at least 2 years in industry)
- Two plus years in Mechanical Engineering/Design or related field
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel in the regional area
- US Citizen or Existing Work Authorization
- Computer Science/Data Processing degree or related field
- Entry level knowledge of .NET development language (c# preferred), JSON, API’s, XML, SQL and/or other relational databases.
- Understanding of NoSQL structures is a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.