SOLIDWORKS Application Engineer/PDM Specialist
TriMech’s engineering software & hardware offerings including SolidWorks (CAD, FEA, CFD, MBD et al), PDM/PLM Solutions, solidThinking products and Stratasys Printers. As a Professional Services Pre-Sales Engineer, you will provide comprehensive telephone/e-mail/personal sales support and training to TriMech’s sales and technical staff. Supporting sales from many companies in diverse fields, including consumer products, automotive, machine design, and medical equipment. You will be supporting our sales efforts through customer meetings and product demonstrations. Travel is required to visit companies and conduct local events.
- Specializes in understanding the SOLIDWORKS PDM and Data Mgmt. products and provide recommendations for the best solutions at hand to our customers.
- Analyzes customer needs, prepares specifications (SOW), designs modifications, and makes recommendations leading to the most efficient use of SOLIDWORKS PDM and Data Mgmt. solutions.
- Works with the Business Development teams to support pre-sales efforts.
- Conduct meetings to guide clients and sales in needed software and services.
- Conduct Product demonstrations for SOLIDWORKS Data Mgmt. Products.
- Develop and write articles for company newsletter, generate additional technical content including videos, blog posts and white papers.
- Onboarding Support for Sales and Technical resources.
- Use of enterprise level software, (NetSuite, SW VAR Resource Center) and other TriMech productivity tools.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with any PDM software, including but not limited to SolidWorks PDM Standard or PDM Professional, is not required but desirable.
- You will be expected to undertake relevant certifications in Solidworks.
- Strong oral communication skills as well as outstanding interpersonal skills are a must.
- Requires good familiarity with Windows and/or solid modeling software.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team is essential.
- Must be able to work directly with customers in various situations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and long-term projects.
- Clear understanding of computer networking and hardware requirements
- Prior technical support experience in network administration and/or software related field
- Any or all of the following:
- 2 plus years in Mechanical Engineering/Design or related field preferred
- 2 plus Computer Science/Data Processing degree or related field preferred
- 2 plus years of Data Mgmt. (PDM Professional) experience highly preferred
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel in the regional area
- US Citizen or Existing Work Authorization