SOLIDWORKS Electrical Engineer- Knoxville, TN
TriMech’s engineering software & hardware offerings including SolidWorks (CAD, FEA, CFD, MBD et al), PDM/PLM Solutions, Electrical Design, solidThinking products and Stratasys Printers. As a Professional Services: Electrical Implementation Engineer, you will provide comprehensive support and training to TriMech’s clients / Technical staff. Supporting clients from many companies in diverse fields, including consumer products, automotive, machine design, and medical equipment. You will bolster our technical efforts through product installations, deployments, training and support. Travel is required.
- Specialize in understanding the SOLIDWORKS Electrical products and provide recommendations for the best solutions at hand to our customers.
- Analyzes customer needs, prepares specifications (SOW), configure systems, and makes recommendations leading to the most efficient use of SOLIDWORKS Electrical solutions.
- Conduct Product demonstrations for SOLIDWORKS Electrical Products.
- Develop and write articles for company publications, generate technical content including videos, blog posts and white papers.
- Provide best practices recommendations based on customer requirements.
- Install and configure SOLIDWORKS CAD, SOLIDWORKS Electrical and SQL Products to customer requirements.
- With minimum direction, resolve incoming SOLIDWORKS CAD and SOLIDWORKS Electrical support requests from clients and provide comprehensive and timely solutions to questions/issues.
- Prioritize through identification of critical issues and take responsibility for a successful resolution related directly to the customers business goals/issues
- Training customers in SOLIDWORKS Electrical Schematic and SOLIDWORKS Electrical 3D Software.
- Use of enterprise level software, (NetSuite, SW VAR Resource Center) and other TriMech productivity tools.
DESIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience with any Electrical software, including but not limited to SolidWorks Electrical Schematic / 3D, is not required but desirable.
- You will be expected to undertake relevant certifications in Solidworks.
- Strong oral communication skills as well as outstanding interpersonal skills are a must.
- Windows familiarity is required, and solid modeling software experience is highly desirable.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team is essential.
- Must be able to work directly with customers in various situations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and long-term projects.
- Clear understanding of computer networking and hardware requirements.
- Prior technical support experience in network administration and/or software related field.
- Capable of generating complete drawing sets to Document Schematics.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, electrical schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Ability to create projects in SOLIDWORKS Electrical from concept to release.
- Knowledge of SQL Databases and query creation is valued
- Familiar with engineering design, production and general business processes
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or related field
- Two plus years in Electrical Engineering/Design/Drafting or related field
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel in the regional area
- US Citizen or Existing Work Authorization
- Computer Science/Data Processing degree or related field
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.