PDM Technical Support Engineer- Richmond, VA
TriMech is a leading provider of engineering software & hardware offerings including SolidWorks (SW), PDM/PLM Solutions and Stratasys Printers. The Professional Services Technical Support Engineer will provide comprehensive SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard and PDM Professional telephone/e-mail technical support and training to engineers from many companies in diverse fields, including consumer products, automotive, machine design, and medical equipment.
- Telephone, web and email support of SolidWorks PDM Standard and PDM Professional and related Data Mgmt products
- Determining and setting priority levels on customer issues to ensure timely and effective responses
- Visiting clients for escalating support on occasion in order to better support clients
- Develop and write articles for company newsletter, generate additional technical content including videos, blog posts and white papers and determine and prepare documentation for technical skills for new SW releases
- Obtain relevant certifications in Solidworks, SolidWorks PDM Standard and PDM Professional and related products
- Use of NetSuite and the SW VRC
- Technical / Engineering Degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong oral communication skills as well as outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Requires good familiarity with Windows, MCAD and/or solid modeling software.
- Experience with any PDM software, including but not limited to SolidWorks PDM Standard or PDM Professional, is not required but desirable.
- Work both independently and as part of a team is essential.
- Communicate directly with customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and long-term projects.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice