3D Printer Field Service Engineer (FSE) - Bedminster, NJ
TriMech Solutions (www.trimech.com): We are an Engineering Resources company whose objective is to help our clients become more effective and efficient in the design and manufacturing process, with the goal of realizing a quicker ROI by reducing the time it takes to get their products into the marketplace. We accomplish this through our unique blend of engineering software and service based solutions. DESCRIPTION: TriMech Solutions, an East Coast engineering company that provides engineering teams with a range of 3D design and 3D printing solutions, is currently seeking an experienced Technical Support Engineer to support our client’s technical issues. Our client’s support needs involve general technical phone support of Stratasys and Desktop Metal 3D Printers, on-site repair visits/installations on an as needed basis and coordinating repair solutions between Stratasys and the client. The Field Service Engineer will support multiple 3D printer technologies that range from fused deposition modeling to PolyJet technologies.
- Provide comprehensive technical support and explicit instructions for Stratasys 3D Printers and Stratasys’ branded products. Perform and support clients with issues related to:
- Technical support/troubleshooting for 3D Printers
- Ability to properly run and maintain 3D Printers
- Annual Preventative Maintenance Visits as needed
- Installation of new 3D Printers
- Provide guidance and problem solving for 3D Printer related issues for TriMech’s clients
- Liaise with clients and in-house staff and partners regarding technical information as related to Stratasys and related product
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to get into high security facilities
- Must have electro-mechanical repair and troubleshooting experience
- Excellent customer relations ability required
- Must have strong verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Must have the ability to work in a busy environment and be adaptable to an ever-changing daily/weekly schedule of tasks.
- Ability to travel as much as 3-4 days/week including an overnight stay on occasion
- Must be a self-starter that needs little management oversight to accomplish assigned tasks.