3D Sculptor Role Overview
Accelerate your design process with rapid iteration on design solutions and real-time collaboration helping your organization deliver innovative products to market faster.
3DEXPERIENCE 3D Sculptor Role is a browser-based 3D subdivision modeling solution that enables industrial designers, engineers and artists to create stylized ergonomically or organically shaped models faster and more easily than traditional parametric tools.
Built on the cloud-based Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE® platform, 3D Sculptor complements the parametric workflows of SOLIDWORKS Desktop 3D CAD with intuitive subdivision modeling and a seamless interchange of design data.
3D Sculptor Capabilities
Design organic shapes quickly and easily
Create complex surfaces quickly using intuitive push-pull interaction
Use images and sketches as a guide to create 3D surface geometry.
Surfaces to NURBS Conversion
Automatically convert subdivision surfaces to NURBS (Non-uniform rotational b-spline) geometry when finished.
Seamlessly switch between conceptual modeling and detailed modeling environments and eliminate the need for rework.
Flexible development cycle
Make changes to the product shape at any point in the development cycle without the need to re-model. Changes propagate to parts, assemblies, drawings, mold tooling and CAM data.
Assemble with ease
Eliminate the need to plan your assembly structure up front. Make model changes at any time in a single modeling environment for parts and assemblies.
3D Sculptor Features
3D Creator is fully on the cloud—all you need to start designing is an internet connection.
Sub-D Modeling in the Cloud
3D Sculptor includes the xShape app, a 3D Sub-D modeling application that features:
- Push and pull interaction to create complex surfaces quickly
- Sketch guides where images and sketches can be used to create 3D surface geometry
- Ability to automatically convert subdivision surfaces to NURBS geometry
- Creation of stylized models faster than parametric tools
Direct Data Interchange
3D Sculptor features direct import and export so users can easily bring their designs into SOLIDWORKS® desktop and other 3DEXPERIENCE® Works solutions.
Built-in version control allows you to focus on design, not on managing data. Connect with key stakeholders with communication tools that enable users to:
- Change the shape of a product anytime without having to remodel it
- Eliminate rework between the industrial and mechanical teams
- Avoid data translation and remodeling. Geometry created is clean and accurate and ready to be used downstream.
- Make changes on the fly for immediate feedback
Connect to SOLIDWORKS Desktop
Connect your traditional desktop experience with SOLIDWORKS to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
- Integrated directly into SOLIDWORKS, the 3DEXPERIENCE Desktop Add-in allows you to access all of your information from the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform right from within SOLIDWORKS.
- This workflow allows you to combine the power of SOLIDWORKS to quickly create and edit your engineering designs, with the collaborative features of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
3DEXPERIENCE Works provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.